What's for tea? 2018

• 939 Replies

Lardman

Re: What's for tea? 2018
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2018, 20:46 »
It was supposed to be a pork chop, mustard mash and cauli/broccoli cheese but I came down for a serious case of the CBA's around dinner time. I'll nuke a spud next to I venture into the kitchen  ::) .

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #676 on: October 13, 2018, 17:48 »
I've got trays of tomatoes ripening, peppers needing something doing with them, onions - some sprouting already grr! and some fingerling PFAs too small to do much with, really. It was throw away or use them time for some of them  :wacko:
So I took whatever need rescuing the most from each tray, plus some garlic, red lentils and chicken stock from the freezer plus herbs from the garden....and there's a big pan of thick soup bubbling away now.
I'm cooking some garlic bread slices to go with it. That'll do nicely  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #677 on: October 13, 2018, 20:35 »
Another freezer raid here to save us bothering too much, both still under the weather.
Chicken & veg soup for lunch & for dinner the last 2 potions of cottage pie with lovely Christmas beef gravy, Fresh-ish carrots & green beans & baked beans for him.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 20:37 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #678 on: October 14, 2018, 09:29 »
I spent a lot of yesterday on the "tomato sauce for the freezer" production line - they are ripening too fast even tucked away in the cool and dim!

Dinner was therefore hm lamb and mint burgers with tomato sauce (it was supposed to be meatballs but I ran out of time and energy) with tomato sauce, soy braised greens and bread on the side for OH.  Tasted good, but the presentation wasnt great.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Lardman

« Reply #679 on: October 14, 2018, 10:12 »
Comfort food weather.  The plan is for Sawhedge , mash , some of the carrot and swede mash I bought (hopefully as nice as hm) , mixed veg and spoon standing.  Pie with apple for afters if ML has left me any  ::) 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #680 on: October 14, 2018, 10:25 »
Busy yesterday so had got what I thought was pasta sauce out of the freezer - it was curry  :lol:  Oh well, quick swap from pasta to rice and all was well.

Today is roast chicken dinner.  It is pretty dreary out there so a plot dash for veg may be replaced with a dash to the Co-op down the road.  I have spuds and squash in the shed, so just need something green  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2018, 11:30 »
Another freezer raid unearthed a forgotten steak & kidney pie mix(cooked) have also got a puff pastry top in the other freezer. Will be frozen veg as I’m not battling the rain to pull carrots! Plus I don't think there are many green beans left. The whitefly infestation puts me of the kale tbh.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #682 on: October 14, 2018, 16:19 »
I had the rest (2 bowlfuls  ;)) of yesterday's soup for lunch, so tea will be a cheese n onion toastie with some tomato and cuke on the side :)

madcat

« Reply #683 on: October 14, 2018, 17:25 »
Veg soup for dinner tonight - got some pork stock out the freezer for a base and we will see what there is in the fridge.  Beetroot greens, parsley, carrot, pakchoi ......

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #684 on: October 14, 2018, 18:20 »
Meat and potato pie with French beans and carrots for later on. Carrots and beans harvested about an hour ago :)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

madcat

« Reply #685 on: October 15, 2018, 08:33 »
Pork belly cooked with apples, prunes and cider (some green toms and butter beans sneaked in as well!) all in the slow cooker for tonight.  Busy day today!  Have to sort something on the side for OH - rice probably.

Next day :  erm.. that went a bit wrong.  So the pork cass is tonight, and last night was some bargain sausages roasted with pots (for OH), squash, onions and toms, with a bit of cabbage on the side.  Instant onion gravy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:31 by madcat »

Lardman

« Reply #686 on: October 16, 2018, 15:21 »
Still suffering from last nights nuked ready meal - yuck I can still taste it.  I rather fancy some melty, cheesey goodness tonight  :tongue2: .  Probably in a spud as lasagne feel like hard work.

snowdrops

« Reply #687 on: October 16, 2018, 17:50 »
Well I was out for lunch at a carvery ( I just had the small plate) so hubby had bacon,egg,beans fried potato & I had some pasta with bacon & cream cheese with garlic stirred through so a cheats carbonara I suppose, oh with some fried onions & mushrooms. Was quite good really, might repeat it another day.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #688 on: October 16, 2018, 18:12 »
I made pastry to make some pasties, but in the end made one big pie with the filling, rather than the pasties.
Green beans to go with it  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #689 on: October 17, 2018, 10:47 »
Yesterday was chicken tray bake with toms ripened on the windowsill, Trinidad Perfume peppers, onion, squash and broccoli, served over rice with spicy yogurt sauce.

Tonight I have sausages defrosting and am contemplating making toad in the hole.  This will win me massive brownie points with OH who is outside working in grey drizzly rain today.  I think he needs rib sticking stuff and spoon standing to recover from that  ;)

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2018, 17:32
by greenjay
xx
What's the weather like where you are? (2018)

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

928 Replies
Last post December 21, 2018, 15:49
by mrs bouquet
xx
RHS Chelsea 2018

Started by DD. on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:12
by rowlandwells
xx
Fishing Season 2018

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

69 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 15:12
by Aled

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 55 queries.