Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

• 2 Replies

Rhys

• Experienced Member
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...
« on: February 25, 2018, 22:05 »
I live in a village called Hook, nearly opposite the local hall. Whist flicking through my mail I saw there was a monthly meeting (last Friday in the month) so with 15 minutes to spare I sauntered over.

Glad I did... They had a guest speaker on, which was a chap called Graham Porter who does the gardening programme on a Sunday morning on BBC Radio Leeds. Was a thoroughly enjoyable talk on propagation, and had a good natter with him on roses, spuds and wotnot at the end of it.

Definitely going to the next one. The next speaker is someone called Nick Smith, and will be talking about what goes on behind the scenes of the Harrogate Spring and Autumn flower shows..
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little." - Billy Connolly

rowlandwells

Re: Went to my local Gardening Club evening...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 19:35 »
yes we joined the local gardening club some years ago found it very interested had some good speakers but also some not so good

I'm afraid there's very few actual gardeners in the membership more like armchair gardeners but its well attended and there's a cup of tea after and a natter  :D :D :D

Rhys

• Experienced Member
Re: Went to my local Gardening Club evening...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 21:49 »
yes we joined the local gardening club some years ago found it very interested had some good speakers but also some not so good

I'm afraid there's very few actual gardeners in the membership more like armchair gardeners but its well attended and there's a cup of tea after and a natter  :D :D :D

Yes, there's the cup of tea at the end  :D

I think many just potter about in their gardens at home, and maybe a few have allotments. Every year there's 'Hook in Bloom' which is nice to see as quite a bit of effort goes into it. This is the Hook next to Goole, not Hampshire btw (there are too many Hooks lol)

xx
A musical evening

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post December 19, 2020, 14:29
by mrs bouquet
xx
The local waste Tip

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post May 09, 2020, 20:13
by grinling
xx
Local elections

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post May 06, 2023, 15:02
by snowdrops
xx
Shop local?

Started by Christine on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 11:40
by New shoot

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.