Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

New (and old) members please read the Site Policies

Author Topic: Sending group emails.  (Read 192 times)

Goosegirl

Sending group emails.
« on: August 12, 2017, 16:35 »
I am in such mega-deep doo-doo with my OH! :( About a week ago I sent three group emails to his pals about a shooting event this Sunday. Each group consists of a max of ten people and I've never had trouble emailing this way before. All I did was double-click on one of the groups to select it, put the subject in the box, write the email then click Send and it "went". This time I sent them out as usual (one group at a time) but apparently a couple of people didn't receive it, so I did it all over again. I never got a message to say the first one was unsuccessful but my computer-illiterate OH is really blaming me big-time! Last night one of the recipients rang to say they'd had 2 emails from me about this subject! Other single emails I've sent out this week have worked so how can it be my fault?
PS: I daren't tell him that in the second lot of emails I put Sunday 12th instead of Sunday 13th and didn't realise until I got a couple of emails this morning from some rather confused people, so I've just had to send out another three group emails to them!  :ohmy:
"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." Martin Luther King.

Growster...

Re: Sending group emails.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 18:18 »
It's almost certainly not your fault, Goosey. I've known quite a few people who are even less computer illiterate, and so I'd blame them first, and yourself last!

grinling

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 19:02 »
I found that a version sent was not valid on mine

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 14:53 »
I found that a version sent was not valid on mine
Do you mean it was successfully sent to you but for some reason you couldn't access it?

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 18:37 »
I am in such mega-deep doo-doo with my OH! :( About a week ago I sent three group emails to his pals about a shooting event this Sunday. Each group consists of a max of ten people and I've never had trouble emailing this way before. All I did was double-click on one of the groups to select it, put the subject in the box, write the email then click Send and it "went". This time I sent them out as usual (one group at a time) but apparently a couple of people didn't receive it, so I did it all over again. I never got a message to say the first one was unsuccessful but my computer-illiterate OH is really blaming me big-time! Last night one of the recipients rang to say they'd had 2 emails from me about this subject! Other single emails I've sent out this week have worked so how can it be my fault?
PS: I daren't tell him that in the second lot of emails I put Sunday 12th instead of Sunday 13th and didn't realise until I got a couple of emails this morning from some rather confused people, so I've just had to send out another three group emails to them!  :ohmy:

Well the easy answer to get out of the doo doo is let him send the next lot himself 😄

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 14:11 »
He doesn't even know how to switch my PC on and, if I showed him how it's done and the emails didn't get there, again it would be my fault so I'm not going down that road!  >:( One of the shooting team said that, despite the confusion, they had a good time and asked why was I worrying, so I told him I'd been sacked as OH's personal emailer and that I'm going to send him a list of all the recipients together with their email addresses so someone else can send them, for which he seemed quite happy to oblige. Methinks some interesting times lie ahead if he tries to re-instate me as I will put my webbed foot very firmly down on his bad foot!  :D

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 15:09 »
And a few hard pecks as well, Goosey!

Those big wings aren't there for pussies...

;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 15:59 »
I wish we had an icon of someone chuckling with their hands over their mouth!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 14:53 »
... I'd been sacked as OH's personal emailer and that I'm going to send him a list of all the recipients together with their email addresses so someone else can send them, for which he seemed quite happy to oblige. Methinks some interesting times lie ahead if he tries to re-instate me as I will put my webbed foot very firmly down on his bad foot!  :D

Good for you, Goosey. 

If I'd got the blame for something that was not my fault I'd have resigned.  I might even have told him to get the emails addresses from the shooting members for himself too if he didn't apologize for the unwarranted accusation.
Find more about Weather in Maidstone, UK

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 15:47 »
Thanks MS. I've put all the email addresses into a doc and sent it to the chap who is now the organiser for shooting dates. Did it by copy-and-paste so no typing errors by me if any don't reach the recipient!
Added to this is while I was having a lovely day out on Thursday, my well-intentioned OH decided to move some of my office equipment and furniture in the back room in order to incorporate a little bookcase in there. Got home to find I had no place for my mouse mat, PC stuff all askew, papers all over the floor, and nowhere to sit as my chair was full of sundry items including a replacement cat flap. Yesterday involved me trying to get some normality back so I could use my PC. Nope - no power! Found the mains plug half-way out of the socket so no problem. Ah - thought too soon as my printer wouldn't work because the connecting cable to my PC had been pulled out. Took me flipping ages to get it back in as it stoutly refused to fit into the corresponding socket, but it suddenly went in today so I could finally print out Friday's Graudian cryptic crossword. I think he was a bit abashed especially as he forgot Thursday was our 10th anniversary, but to be fair, he made me lemon sole caprice for dinner. Although I was left with all the washing-up today while he went out, I'm almost a happy goosey again!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 16:02 »
He blames you for an e-mail glitch, wrecked your office, forgot your anniversary and left you with the washing up... and you're a happy Goosey   :ohmy:   :mad:

You're much more easily pleased than me, goosey !

Share via twitter