Chicken coop?

• 6 Replies

3mmett29

Chicken coop?
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:16 »
Does anyone know where i can get a decent chicken coop under £120.

Thanks.

Sparr0wman

Re: Chicken coop?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:45 »
I was searching everywhere for best value chicken coops. What i found was around that price was really low quality and it won't last.  but ebay seem to have a lot around 120 - 200.
if your good with DIY, my materials cost me around 60 quid and this could have been done much cheaper as i chose thicker wood than was needed (i want it to last) and after reading on here for a few weeks, i have built it too big for what i need. ( its 5 foot hight and 4ft width )

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:22 »
We have one of those Ebay integrated house/run and have been well pleased with it.  They only hold two chickens comfortably though - maybe three if they aren't big stonking things.  Great for Bantams!  You could probably have 4 or 5 of them in one.  It was easy to construct, no gaps, very nice.  So nice, infact, that we purchased a second one to attach to the first so we could have four large chickens.  The hens are coming over Easter break.  Oh!  And the house/run arrived in three days' time! 
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

shiatsusu

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 20:56 »
We got our coop from ebay. It cost about £90, is wooden, sits on legs so off the ground, was really easy to assemble and is very simple to keep clean and the girls love it  ::) (I have 5 in it comfortably).

Vember

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 21:05 »
We got our coop from ebay. It cost about £90, is wooden, sits on legs so off the ground, was really easy to assemble and is very simple to keep clean and the girls love it  ::) (I have 5 in it comfortably).

Do they live in it 24/7 Susu?
Or do they have free range during the day?

I think alot of the problems from what I've read/seen with the above runs is that they have adequate sleeping quarters but not enough room in the run area.

Sarah :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 21:08 »
What Vember says  :)

Rob 8)

shiatsusu

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 09:11 »
Hi R and S- no it's just a house for sleeping in. They have a big run and also free range in the garden wherever possible  ::)

xx
Chicken coop

Started by Chris B on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 08:22
by Dominic
xx
chicken coop

Started by boosmummy on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 15:22
by Beano
xx
Chicken Coop?

Started by 3mmett29 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2009, 22:19
by GrannieAnnie
question
DIY Chicken Coop

Started by Muckytyke on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 19:55
by birmancats

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 38 queries.