Azada's Awesome

• 14 Replies

BlackBeard

Azada's Awesome
« on: September 02, 2008, 20:39 »
Decided i'd order my self an azada to help with clearing a couple of plots my mate and i have just aqquired, now i am the sort of bloke who orders the latest gadget or gizmo which is guaranteed to make your life better/easier or make you irresistable to the ladies.Usually to great dissapointment :lol:

So if im honest i wasnt expecting much from it.........just returned from a quick half hour down the lottie and i cant believe how bloomin marvellous this new tool is,!!! we cleared as much grass in half an hour as we wouldve spent two hours on with just the spades   :D  WHAT A TOOL!!! i can only reccomend it to all that i see, dont know if it gets the ladies going but you never know lol :lol:

agapanthus

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 20:57 »
Don't think it would cope with Fife boulders unfortunately! :(

noshed

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 22:14 »
I've got one too, and its great
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

orfy

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:10 »
It is my tool of choice for most jobs.

I paid £15 for mine.

BlackBeard

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 19:15 »
blimey where bouts did you get one for that price?? i paid 28 quid for mine

Eatyourgreens

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 20:41 »
I have always known them as an "Adze" so don't know where the Azada bit comes in unless they have a larger head, great for grubbing up Rhubarb.

Any decent builders merchant or farm supplier should stock them.

Bob

philskin

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 19:06 »
Quote from: "BlackBeard"
blimey where bouts did you get one for that price?? i paid 28 quid for mine
           purchased mine from a car boot brand new knocked him down to  £7.50 from  £15  yes im a tight b
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

Mrs Soup

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 13:11 »
I have a small one (4inch wide blade) which I bought in Lidl in one of their garden promotions.

A couple of people on our site have bought larger ones. The best place I've seen for unusual garden tools is here....
www.get-digging.co.uk/tools.htm

Pete C

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 16:56 »
I want to order one of those. From the web site, I see there are a number of sizes. Some advice please from owners as to which might suit me.......... 5'8", skinny, unfit, 62 yrs old.
Ta :)
Pete C

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 17:11 »
Id like to know how to use one! Then if it is a miracle tool as everyone says I can treat myself  :D

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

BigPaddy

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 18:45 »
I got one.

I am rather tall and i think the tool could do with a longer handle than supplied. No great shakes.

More imprtantant i think is the type of soil you are dealing with and what you want to achieve.

With clay soil, unworked for a year or so it was of no great value, other tahn braking up clods once dug. After working the clay soil 6 months and having developed deep beds I find it is now becoming more useful as a digging tool.

Overall for general use on a heavy clay soil I think I would have to say not worth it.

I do use a long handled spade, dutch spade?, more often and find that very useful.

Each to there own though. Thinking now I would like to try before I buy. there are too many shiny needful things out there.
Patrick
Hull, East yorkshire

noshed

Azada's Awesome
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 20:10 »
I'm 5'11" and a mere woman. I find the medium one very good - heavy enough to whack through roots and still pleasantly swingable.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 20:19 »
I suppose my main bugbear on the plot is couch grass.  Also bearing in mind I'm only 5'2", would it be much use to me?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Pete C

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 21:19 »
Quote from: "noshed"
I'm 5'11" and a mere woman. I find the medium one very good - heavy enough to whack through roots and still pleasantly swingable.

At 5'11"..not a 'mere' woman.
(ducks) :)

Browser

• Experienced Member
Azada's Awesome
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 14:52 »
I got the 10" blade one for my birthday and it works brilliantly, and very fast, my only bugbear is my usual one, namely that with me being 6ft 5in tall the Azada's handle is too short by about 6-8 inches. I just wish manufacturers would put a longer handle on these things 'cos if it's too long for you you can saw 'off' the extra, but you can't saw 'on' extra length!
I'll probably try and get a length of steel tube top slip over the existing handle to add the vital bit, then I'll be set. :D
Blimey! You mean you can *grow* things in soil?

xx
Azada

Started by Aunt Sally on Equipment Shed

13 Replies
Last post April 29, 2007, 12:05
by dawninspain
xx
Just used my Azada

Started by SkipRat on Equipment Shed

21 Replies
Last post July 29, 2007, 11:03
by Lynne
xx
azada

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post September 21, 2007, 16:39
by Lynne
xx
Azada (grub hoe)

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

33 Replies
Last post November 29, 2007, 11:54
by gobs

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.