Hot Chilli

• 38 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Hot Chilli
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 16:32 »
Just make sure he washes his hands WELL, before venturing into the toilet!!!!  I usually buy those little cheap disposable gloves for when I'm handling chillies, but that particular time, I didn't think.  I was just standing there waiting for the kettle to boil and twiddling the seeds off the bits of chilli!!!!!

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
Hot Chilli
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 12:10 »
lol grannieannie,just made a batch of sweet chilli dipping sauce with them and its yummy,got it off the recipe page

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Hot Chilli
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 12:59 »
Ahhhh a subject very close to my heart, I have been growing and studying chillies for 30 years now, it started of as an interest, then became a passion and now addiction, even to the extent of dragging my family all over the UK and some foreign parts for festivals. I am sure most of the questions have been answered over the year but generally the redder the chilli the sweeter the flavour, some like Jalapeno are best green (pickled in cider vineger), the cayenne type are good for sauces, pickles and chutneys. I have grown Tabasco outside and had large crops so you dont always have to use the greenhouse, Mellowmick asked about his plants flowering then dying of, this can be normal with certain types early in the season but if it continues a shot every month of a teaspoon of Epson salts to a gallon of water normally works. As I am new to the group I will post any new info for anyone intersted with them, recipes etc. I have over the years built good friendships with people all over the world and got some fantastic recipes to share.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mellowmick

• Experienced Member
Hot Chilli
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 15:19 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
Mellowmick asked about his plants flowering then dying

many thanks. :wink:

BillinPA

Hot Chilli
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 15:27 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
As I am new to the group I will post any new info for anyone intersted with them, recipes etc. I have over the years built good friendships with people all over the world and got some fantastic recipes to share.

Do you have any recipes for cold pickling sweet or hot peppers.  I dislike the hot bath canning method, it turns our smallish kihchen into a steam bath  :oops:
Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life.

Bill in PA

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Hot Chilli
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 16:12 »
Hi Aidy, and welcome, and yes, recipes for things like chillies are always welcome, especially sauces.

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
Hot Chilli
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 21:20 »
Hi all,

never grown chilis, but i cant wait to have a go. I work with 99.99% blokes, so the hotter the better!

Are there any types i can crack on with now? I know its well out of normal season, but i would be growing them on the window sill in the 'sunroom', or conservatory as most call it, thats central heated.

I particularly like the look of Tepin and Pinochios Nose, should be good to trade at work

Martin
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
Hot Chilli
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 21:13 »
I have never tried "cold pickling" sorry, I get the jars from what used to be lakeland plastics, pretty cheap. Bring the vinegar to the boil, chuck the Jalapeno's (sliced) into the jar and pour over the vinegar then put top on and leave to cool. Try different vinegars, My favourite is Cider, along with a few herbs. I am putting a few recipes together to post and will let you know when they are on.

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
Hot Chilli
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 21:33 »
Just put a couple of sauces in the recipe forum, hope you enjoy them if you try them.

xx
Chilli plants not flowering or growing chilli's?

Started by bb_odiham on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post September 19, 2008, 12:12
by gobs
xx
Sow chilli plants now for better/more chilli's next year?

Started by green_fingered_ash on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 10, 2009, 21:01
by sunshineband
clip
Chilli help

Started by ches on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post July 29, 2019, 08:40
by ches
xx
chilli

Started by TINTIN on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 10:16
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 38 queries.