Marrows

• 3 Replies

rikknikk

Marrows
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:22 »
Hi, I have grown some Marrow seeds in a propagator and they have come up very quickly to over 6inchs, they are not holding their own weight and very bendy, does this men they will not survive in the ground?

Elcie

Re: Marrows
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:55 »
It sounds like they might be a bit leggy rikknikk - this is where the seedling strives to find the light and puts their energy into getting tall to find the light rather than bulking out.  I will sow my marrows in a cold greenhouse in a week or two's time.  If you have more seeds you might like to try again, and perhaps without the propogator, or the propogator but remove the lid as soon as they have germinated.

Lee1978

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 16:22 »
Hi, I have grown some Marrow seeds in a propagator and they have come up very quickly to over 6inchs, they are not holding their own weight and very bendy, does this men they will not survive in the ground?

You could try using some baking foild to reflect the light. my marrows won't be going in for another few weeks yet ;)

monsta

• Experienced Member
  • Nuts!
    • www.bedlington.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 16:30 »
my marrows / courgettes have been in the green house since mid march and are doing fine. no heat just a propogator lid to keep the frost off!

try sticking them out during the day if its not to cold then they should stiffen up from being blown around!

xx
marrows

Started by hushda24 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 10, 2012, 10:33
by hushda24
xx
Marrows

Started by Johnny Norfolk on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 23:22
by Noah'strolly
xx
marrows

Started by hushda24 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 07:09
by Christine
xx
marrows

Started by harry on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 16, 2009, 16:21
by DD.

Page created in 0.428 seconds with 38 queries.