That cat ! and the rest of them

• 24 Replies

Alby

• Experienced Member
    • Up the Bridal Path
That cat ! and the rest of them
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:35 »
Ive had quite a few comments re, the avatar " That cat "  well thats harry a rescue at 9years old left locked in a house when his owners moved !! Was there for a month befor they got him out and sent him to a resue centre. Couldnt get a new owner so sent him to another centre with a " no kill " policy thank goodness  :blink:

still no one would take him ( he tened to bite when fingers poked into his cage ) spent near 8 month in cages till I saw him and thought " Hes mine !!

Took him home he sat on my knee purred loudley and nearly took my bl*dy hand off  :ohmy: Came with me to the plot the next morning to see the chooks back home sat on my knee and ................ nearly took my bl*dy hand off  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

had him a month now and he,s drawn blood from us all but now settled a happy ( no blood for 3 weeks  :D  

Norwegian Forest Cat

Ive got anothe 4 recues and a rescue dog

Alby
wish I was a cat

kitkat

• Experienced Member
Re: That cat ! and the rest of them
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:40 »
He's lovely, lucky hes got you eh? Do you think the last owners got fed up of being bitten, no excuse to leave him though  :(
    I've got a cat that bites-well more of an attack really, no-one else would put up with her :wacko:
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

SMD66

• sunrise over the canal
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:44 »
he's a beauty.

My sister rescued a cat, had 3 previous homes as he's an attack cat too!  Don't know what made him this way, but I give him a wide berth when I visit, he's a big ginger tom with one blind eye but a great aim with his claws and teeth!
She will keep him, he's been through enough, she just can't sit him on her knee and give him cuddles!
Music self played is pleasure self made
Samantha :)

noshed

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:23 »
Harry is a fine creature
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

madcat

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26 »
Now that is one handsome cat!

I confess I made a rod for my own back - or more accurately a scourge for my hand with one of ours.  She was a rescue - about 6 wks - when she came to us.  As a tiny kitten, like all kittens, she loved to play fight and, since she had lost her litter mates, she loved fighting me.  I would pull my sleeve down and rub her tummy and we would be off!!  When she had enough, she would catch me and settle down to clean me.

Huge fun at 6 weeks, still fun at 6 months and at 6 years and even at 16!!   :D   However - real teath and claws!!!!   :ohmy:  She would only play like that if my hand was covered, but didn't distinguish between a thin bit of quilt cover and 2 layers of fleece!  I do still have the odd very thin scar line to remember her by. :happy:
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39 »
That's one magnificent moggie Alby.

Lots of rescue cats have "issues" and, when you've heard how they've been treated, you can't blame them.

My sister has a rescue cat, Ellie McFluff (of the McFurball clan).  She is the complete opposite - the most nervous of Nervous Nellies.  Stays mostly under my sister's bed or under a bush in the garden.  Probably doesn't help that my sister has two small children who shout "Ellie!" whenever they see her and set off in hot pursuit.  No-one really knows her history, when my sister got her she was about two and found on the street, injured and very thin.  Now, on the rare occasions you see her, she is a big old ball of fluff.  Very pretty.  Don't know how you describe her but I think she's called a "calico" cat.    

Good on anyone who takes on one of these poor unloved moggies.  There are too many of them and not enough homes.  I would love a couple more cats, especially after losing my beloved Binky in July, but it wouldn't be fair on my remaining cat.  Betsy has had to put up with the arrival of the chickens, the reptilian nightmare that is Plod and a little girl who just decided that cuddling her kitty firmly around the head is the way to go...  :D

Here are my beloved Binky and Betsy:
binky2.jpg
betsy2.jpg

Alby

• Experienced Member
    • Up the Bridal Path
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 12:45 »
My other ones are just pussy cats  :D  :D

All great fun and lots of love, just hope harry turns out the same  :blink: all un rehomeable or " special needs " according to my OH Cath

10 secs before I was bleeding  :lol:

Alfie and Tamy ferral kittens

Biff

TOTO so layed back she could fall off her head

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 13:08 »
Oh, I looooove Biff.  "Splodgy" cats are definitely my favourite!  :D

tode

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 13:11 »
You've got some beautiful cats there, Alby.   :D

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 13:39 »
You've got some beautiful cats there, Alby.   :D

You have indeed Alby.  :D

Your two look beautiful too Amanda.  :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

tode

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 14:44 »
The little tortoiseshell/tabby (Alfie ? Tamy ? ) has a lovely shaped face.  Jealous    :D

Alby

• Experienced Member
    • Up the Bridal Path
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 15:05 »
The littlest one is Tamy , brother and sister but she was so unwell she,s only half the size.eats for England now  :ohmy:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 19:35 »
They are all perfect, and the unhomables are the best ones  :wub: My Arwen was just like that in the cage, she hissed and claw out batted at everyone who saw her, I had to have her and as soon as I got her home she was the most loving, if a little temperamental cat. Shia puss was also not wanted for months and hid in the corner of her pen but is now a very bold and cheeky puss. All the others have just stayed from fostering!

Alfy and Tammy the feral kittnes are just lovely and clearly very happy in their home  :D

Rubellite

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 16:19 »
Took on a rescue cat when I split up from first husband (he didn't like cats) and called him Bodi. He was lovely and affectionate....except to my youngest whose cat he was supposed to be. He would leap at her bare ankles from the other side of the room with teeth and claws! We had to shut him away until she was dressed every morning  :ohmy:
He would lie on the arm of the soda, batting at the Dobermann's ears!! A great character, sadly he choked on something and died before I could get through to the vet :(

janet12000

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 17:06 »
Oh they are all gorgeous.  :)
Apart from Peter, all the cats our family have ever had have been rescues.
I think it is an inherited family trait...... my Nan used to take in all sorts of dodgy waifs and strays.  :)
We just can't resist a pretty pussy face with eyes that say 'please love me'  :lol:

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 39 queries.