new baby girls (more pics)

• 12 Replies

nzdunn

new baby girls (more pics)
« on: September 30, 2009, 16:47 »
as some of you may know i have been breeding/showing guinea pigs now for 2yrs, ive just had these two born a couple of days ago, very cute indeed, they will now be used for my sable project in the future.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 15:18 by nzdunn »

susan - happy hens

Re: new baby girls born
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 16:59 »
Hi Nicky, they are so adorable! How's it going with the new hens - all well I hope.   I sent you a pm when Rob kindly explained the shorthand! x susan

dizzylizzie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 17:09 »
About time too :mad:, ive been waiting for 2 days for these pictures :D
oww nicky they are gorgeous, totally gorgeous :D, are they making really cute baby piggy noises? soooo cute :D

wighty

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 20:34 »
I've just asked himself if I can have a Guinea Pig (or two) and Mr Del Monte said 'yes'. Since we lost all our dogs, the last one two years ago I have felt 'bereft' of anything to look after.  Can't do animals that need a lot of care as we have our own business and are out from 8 am to 5 pm, so piggies seems the way to go or am I being silly?

Foxy

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 21:17 »
they are so sweet! lovely colour too, amazing that they are born practically able to run around and stuff :)

nzdunn

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 22:18 »
I've just asked himself if I can have a Guinea Pig (or two) and Mr Del Monte said 'yes'. Since we lost all our dogs, the last one two years ago I have felt 'bereft' of anything to look after.  Can't do animals that need a lot of care as we have our own business and are out from 8 am to 5 pm, so piggies seems the way to go or am I being silly?

guinea pigs make fantastic pets, ive always had guineas its just in the last two years ive got more serious with them,  i would advise that you get two or three girls (there called sows), boys are called boars, so they have company when you are away at work, they are very low manintence creatures, clean them out once a week, make sure they get fresh veggies at least every other day, grass in between, hay and a good guinea mix.   You will have to post piccys when you get them.    nickyx

Oliveview

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:11 »
A few years back, when living in the UK, I kept guinea pigs :D   I loved them to bits.  We never had such a good lawn, I used to move their run about the lawn and they cropped and fertilized it for me.  We were only talking about how good the lawn was the other day.  The long haired ones used to get a good haircut, just to keep them nice and tidy and to stop collecting bits and pieces.
Pamela

poultrygeist

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:46 »
very cute indeed, they will now be used for my sable project in the future.

You're not going to turn them into paint brushes are you ?  :ohmy: :blink:

Veyr cute, as you say.  :D

Rob 8)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 13:53 »
Beautifull babies, Nicky! :D  I love guinea pigs, I've had quite a number of them as pets over the years. They make great pets (in agreement with the answers to your question Wighty).  8)

Lorna.  :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

nzdunn

Re: new baby girls born (more pics)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 15:18 »
Heres some more piccys of my lot, i mostly breed the black fox and black otter, im getting chocolate tans and chocolate foxes in november and lilac foxes and lilac otters in January.

Leonidus

Shadowfax

otter boar, Cassanova

Black tan boar,  Marcus

The one in the middle is  sammy with her two daughters either side, sammy was the first piggy i got shes coming 3 now

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: new baby girls (more pics)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 15:30 »
Ohh, Shadowfax... and there's a real cheeky glint in Marcus' eye, I think  ;)

Lorna.  :)

nzdunn

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 17:36 »
yes shadowfax is a big softie, he plays uncle for all the baby boars just weaned of their mummys he loves it and takes real care of them all.   Marcus, hes as big as a cat hes huge, he was my first homebred baby, his mum is actually sammy and the the two girls with her are marcus's sisters.    nickyx

SarahJC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 19:26 »
Beautiful  :D I've kept piggies for 15 years. Just have the two now, Lottie and Hattie  :D
8 chickens, 5 cats, 2 guinea pigs and 1 other half.

cheesy
My new baby

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

19 Replies
Last post January 10, 2012, 20:54
by Kate and her Ducks
clip
my baby girl

Started by chrissie B on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 18:22
by chrissie B
xx
Weaning baby rabbits

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post December 13, 2010, 19:31
by Dreamer@45
xx
baby rabbits and winter?

Started by chloe on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post December 04, 2010, 14:29
by chloe

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.