pear honey the munty way

• 0 Replies

muntjac

pear honey the munty way
« on: October 10, 2007, 21:15 »
american recipe folks ( yeh i was there lol ) 71/2 pounds mid ripe pears .not hard not soft
1 cup orange blosson honey if ya can get it ... normal heather honey will do .tablespoon grated orange rind .no pith
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
wash n chop the pears  big pan  use a spud masher to crush ya pears  to release the juices  boil em up  simmer em fer 20 minutes  or until the pears are soft stir em
push em through a fine sieve  you should get about 10 cups juices  now wack the stuff through a blender till its puree....... it has to be smooth  ok put it back in then pan check for lumps glued to sides before tho
shove in the rind n nutmeg  boil that fer 45 mins  stirring half a dozen times during that time  put the cup of  honey in  now boil it gently .very gently . I SAID GENTLY DIDNT YA HEAR ME //  :x  ok if the honey glues to ya spoon in a mound  stick it in the jars put the lids on and stick em in a tray water in the oven to boil fer 5 mins .. let em cool SLOWLY  for an hour or more before moving em . store in a cool dark shed / place .eat as you want .and no you cant have any of mine :roll:
still alive /............

xx
parsley honey

Started by jannie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 10:32
by jannie
xx
Using honey instead of sugar - the results!

Started by dangolding on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post September 07, 2008, 16:43
by Trillium
xx
Honey Digestive Biscuits

Started by Mrs.Veg on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post March 03, 2007, 02:39
by king cauli
xx
Using honey instead of sugar for cakes

Started by dangolding on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 12:22
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 39 queries.