Golden Gold Rush

• 3 Replies

vegging out

Golden Gold Rush
« on: July 02, 2007, 22:46 »
Hi,the leaves on my gold rush courgette have started turning golden(well yellow),it's got a couple of fruit on it,the lower,first leaves are still nice and dark green but the newer ones have turned bright yellow.The new growth is green but has a faint yellow tinge to it.It is between two other courgette vars but these are fine.
  Also a Bon Bon squash,in the vicinity which is currently about six foot long has started turning yellow but only on the growing point,it's still growing strong though and the rest is still green.
  Any ideas what this may be?  :)
  Thanks

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Golden Gold Rush
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 22:55 »
could be a couple of things but my first guess is the colder and very wetter weather, you can feed your plants with tom food and this might just them a shot of minerals they need, dont over water.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Beanzie

• Experienced Member
Golden Gold Rush
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 20:30 »
The general recommendation is don't let the first fruits get too big - anymore than a couple of inches. Seemingly its important to let the foliage get to a decent size before supporting larger courgettes. Could be yours is strugging at this stage in its life to support the fruit.
Ah well ! There is always next year !

Ice

• muck spreader
Golden Gold Rush
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 23:05 »
Hi.  I had problems with my courgettes and was advised to stop watering them.  Since then we have had floods. :roll:   But, I have been cutting them when they are very small and the plant itself seems to be ok, getting bigger and producing more.  Also, the courgettes are not so diseased.
Cheese makes everything better.

xx
A rush job...

Started by mickwood on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 10, 2009, 13:34
by mickwood
xx
Rush of runner beans...

Started by Growster... on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 30, 2022, 16:07
by Growster...
xx
Liquid Gold

Started by purplebean on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post March 18, 2008, 20:25
by gobs
xx
Mayan Gold - never again.

Started by Bernard on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 05, 2012, 15:58
by devonbarmygardener

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 38 queries.