Lawn weedkiller and cats

• 3 Replies

Goosegirl

Lawn weedkiller and cats
« on: March 29, 2011, 13:59 »
I now have four active cats instead of two old ones as in the past. I desperately need to get rid of lawn weeds and have three big lawns to attend to. I nkow you have to keep animals off the grass until liquid weed and feed is dry but it will be a bit difficult to do that with all of them. I seem to remember that granular stuff is ok with pets - am I right?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

fatcat1955

Re: Lawn weedkiller and cats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 15:35 »
Don't think so. my box states Keep all pets and children off until it has rained or been soaked with a hose.

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 17:14 »
I kept my cats indoors for a few days after I spread that stuff, preferably right before a rain. Cats weren't happy but it was a whole lot safer for them. I no longer use it but I understand your need.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 14:41 »
Drat..! >:( If I had a much smaller area and just a few dandelions I could treat them with salt, but I have lots of other weeds too like creeping buttercup. I also have a large gravel drive where grass is steadily encroaching. I can water Pathclear onto the gravel on a hot day and shoo the cats away until it dries, My lawns do need treating badly but I will not risk my cats. I couldn't treat the lawns with a liquid weedkiller and continually run about and shoo them off; apart from the fact that I have four cats and the lawns are big, if anyone saw me dashing madly about and waving my arms shouting "Gerroff" the men in white coats would soon make an appearance...!  :blink:

xx
weedkiller

Started by samuria on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post September 23, 2020, 20:53
by New shoot
xx
Weedkiller

Started by Benny130 on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post May 31, 2022, 12:03
by mrs bouquet
xx
SBK weedkiller on ivy, strange recommendation

Started by AlaninCarlisle on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2017, 22:35
by wighty
xx
Identifying weedkiller used on plot

Started by julian9belgrave on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2013, 22:39
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.