Sorry, more poo

• 3 Replies

mumsy

Sorry, more poo
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:53 »
I know I should prob put this on the poo information thread, but thought more of you may see this.  I do have a poorly hen at the mo but I don't know if it is hers.  Any help would be appreciated.

On Saturday she spent all day standing in one place just falling asleep, by the evening though she was running around & completely normal!! This happened about 6 weeks ago too, it was another 25 days before she laid again.  She had just got back in the swing of things til Sat, now no eggies again.

Is this one normal?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sorry, more poo
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:11 »
It's always a good idea to remind us what kind of bird you are worried about.  Is this an ex-batt girl ?

If it is then I just think her eggy mechanism is worn out.

The first picture is just urates, doesn't look like there are any faeces there.  The second one is not very clear but it looks to me that if it's not blood then it is a piece of the lining of the gut which hens do occasionally shed - quite normal.  If it is blood though you have to consider coccidiosis.

Is she eating and drinking ?

mumsy

Sorry, more poo
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:17 »
Hi Aunty
She is a cream legbar just a year old, started laying in April.  Eating & drinking as normal. She did have a cold/cough in June, but has got over that with anti biotics.  The other poo does look abit like lining, not blood.
Thanks

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sorry, more poo
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 09:21 »
Just keep an eye on her and if she seems unwell again do a good check:

Bloated abdomen

Temperature

poo

Critters

breathing probles, snott

etc - you know the things to look for.

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 39 queries.