Changing broadband provider

• 3 Replies

madcat

Changing broadband provider
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:13 »
Two and a bit years ago I switched broadband provider by choice (there had been lots of name changes with takeovers) from Talktalk to Direct save, and at the same time upgraded to superfast.  It wasn't too bad an experience apart from being out of service for most of a day while Openreach fiddled around and Talktalk taking forever with refunds.

Then just over a year ago after I had entered into a 12 month contract, Direct Save, who are a reseller, decided to move primary provider from C&W (now owned by Vodafone) to TalkTalk.  And made an almighty mess of it!  We had no service for a fortnight and no apology worth a damn.  I was furious and stuck.  To be fair, they have been fine since.

So this year Voda have a very good deal on a 18 month contract and very nervously I sign up. Well!!  It couldn't have been a smoother process ... I'm in shock.  In a good way.  Wow.  Here's hoping the billing is as good as the process management.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

jezza

Re: Changing broadband provider
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 20:40 »
hi you have chosen a bad one there I had my phone with Vodafone I had no signal between 9pm and 9am the last excuse they used was that there was too much metal (fridge-freezer cooker back boiler in fire )in the house for the signal to pass,they also said that there was to many leaves on the surrounding trees for the signal to reach  as for the billing I had to query the bill every month was on £18.oo month contract always billed for£50.00 a month was also charged  £500 for two calls made to india at 2am I explained that this was impossible as the phone had no signal told it was the euro roaming charges and extra data I never used euro roaming and the internet never worked I now use o2 have 4g in the house and use phone for tethering the computer   jezza

madcat

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:41 »
I wouldn't touch them for mobile - there is no coverage at all in the village for them or O2. It is a network optimised for corporate city use.  Pretty difficult for those folk with employer's vodafone connections - inc the local first responders!!!   However ....  the backbone network is the C&W network which is robust.....

To continue the story though - all went well (-ish, showed up some internal problems) until 10pm when it failed.  I went 's*d it' and headed for bed.  On the phone to them this morning, got a call back when they said from an engineer who knew what he was talking about (now there is a rare beast on a saturday morning!)  and it turns out it wasn't provisioned even though it should have been and they dont know how it worked yesterday.  :wacko:  But an immediate provision, reset the router and lots of flashing lights later we are back on line. 

I am remembering why I was nervous ....  back to the problem of elderly file servers running elderly operating systems .... 

al78

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:53 »
I remember when I last moved house and changed broadband at the same time. I think it took three months to get it sorted. I have recently moved over to Utility Warehouse and the changeover was painless and effective, basically connect router and wait for the changeover date, and it just worked without a hitch.

xx
Broadband (BB)

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 07, 2020, 10:13
by JayG
xx
Broadband suppliers at it again.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 09:43
by Goosegirl
xx
Intermittent broadband reception.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post September 14, 2018, 13:41
by Goosegirl
xx
Changing Energy Suppliers

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post June 01, 2019, 22:34
by jezza

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.