Petrol strimmer/hedge trimmer(or cutter)

• 1 Replies

Sideshoot

• Experienced Member
Petrol strimmer/hedge trimmer(or cutter)
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:25 »
Hi,

Im in the position of needing both a strimmer and a hedge trimmer/cutter. Having looked at whats on the market I have found that Ryobi do a strimmer type tool that can fit various other tools (brush cutter,hedge trimmer, pruners etc) onto the shaft.

I would like to know if the best route would be to get a dedicated strimmer and hedge trimmer or whether its cost effective to buy one of these all in one things.

Obviously buying separate tools will be most expensive in the short term, has anyone had experience of the 'multi tool' tools ?

many thanks in advance.

Paul

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: Petrol strimmer/hedge trimmer(or cutter)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:38 »
We have and are very happy with the very Ryobi strimmer you mention - bought a couple of years ago - :) without any of the attachments as it was purchased after we already owned the petrol chainsaw and hedgetrimmer ::) .

This year, where I work expanded its strimmer product line to include these Ryobi multi tools and they have been an extremely popular sales line, particularly with the hedgetrimmer attachment. There are a number of other attachments available.

As you say, there will be a significant price difference if you purchase the items separately. I feel it would depend on how much work you have for these items to do. If the answer to that it a lot, you might want a more powerful strimmer..

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

xx
Petrol hedge trimmer

Started by Lulu on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post April 28, 2014, 22:20
by Lulu
clip
qualcast petrol hedge trimmer

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post December 10, 2016, 23:13
by jezza
xx
Ryobi Petrol Hedge Trimmer - 22.5cc - HTK 2360MT.

Started by nwalch on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 26, 2008, 19:40
by commerlad
xx
Spear and Jackson 26CC Petrol Hedge Trimmer

Started by nwalch on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post January 29, 2008, 05:36
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 38 queries.