What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #1545 on: October 19, 2014, 17:06 »
Planted the garlic and the winter onions.
Anne

blackberryjam

« Reply #1546 on: October 19, 2014, 19:40 »
Weeded the cabbages,I'm surprised their still okay with the amount of slugs and snails with had this year. Picked the last of my baby sweetcorn and tomatoes and then dug up the plants and put them on the compost heap.:)

Jackypam

« Reply #1547 on: October 19, 2014, 22:48 »
Cleared 3 raised beds and put weeds and spent plants on the compost. Pulled carrots and a couple of potatoes for my dinner and picked the last courgettes and yet more patty pans  cut off some baby leaves but boy sure if they will sprout again now.

Aled

« Reply #1548 on: October 20, 2014, 10:45 »
Harvested the last of my beetroot, and put some wood ash on the patch!
Cheers
Aled

Eblana

« Reply #1549 on: October 20, 2014, 10:53 »
Harvested some Toms, courgettes, Basil and Dahlias.  Strimmed the paths.  Put some winter greens which were in pots into the boarder in the PT.  Took out any tomato plants that were finished producing.  Tidied up the courgette bed.  OH put up new shelves in the shed and fixed the lock on it.  Started moving the pots etc from the PT to the new shelves in the shed.

miggs

« Reply #1550 on: October 26, 2014, 11:46 »
Not really been in the mood for the plot for the past couple of weeks since dad was dying (passed away last Wednesday). Made an effort today and went down there for an hour or so. Done some general tidying up, strimmed the paths, pulled all the Tomato plants up after picking the last of the fruit. Done the same with sweetcorn as well. The plot is still looking quite good for this time of year. As I am on 2pm-11pm this week I am aiming to go to the plot most morning's to start digging it over.
PS:just remembered, planted 20 shallot's as well.

Aled

« Reply #1551 on: October 27, 2014, 08:35 »
Felt like winter had arived on Sunday. The hour changed to begin with.

Dug up the last of the veg, will eating beetroot and carrots this week.

Took down my plastic tomato growing tent thinghy, and packed it away for the winter. Cleaned the BBQ and yep you guessed it packed it away for the winter. Sorted some logs for the fire, and raked a pile of leaves off the lawn and put them in a quiet corner.

Now if i could get some time to go shooting and watch some rugby the winter may be bearable!

Cheers

Aled

Ema

« Reply #1552 on: October 30, 2014, 18:27 »
Tuesday I popped to the plot at lunch time, I haven't been down for a few weeks.

This was literally a harvest and run stop. Picked all my squashes, some beetroot and celery,the last marrow, the last of the patty pans, herbs and nasturtium leaves for the bunny.

Cut down a few flowering thistles before the neighbours complain.

Felt very much like the end of the growing season. Won't be able to start tidying the plot til dec as I've got a lot on at the mo.

Plot46

« Reply #1553 on: October 31, 2014, 05:19 »
This week as seen me dig the last 6 rows of spuds, cut down 2 areas of raspberry canes down ready to transplant into one plot. Get ready to consolidate 4 patch's of strawberries into one patch (this is because we've now taken on the adjoining plot).  Clear and level an area of ground to start the erection of our 10' x 15' Poly.
What I have to do ASAP is plant out the cabbage, onions, garlic, beans....take the strimmer up for the path...ye gods when will  it end?? :wacko:
Drinking rum before 11am doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a Pirate

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #1554 on: October 31, 2014, 19:45 »
Had a quicky half hour, weeded the garlic and changed to a metal mesh cover to keep the birds off- my first year and very pleased they are looking so good!

Excited to see some lovely red cabbage (another first) and all the brassicas (psb,swedes, kales and romanseco) all looking perky.

Very, very excited that someone had left a big pile of large used polycarb sheets at the back of my plot  :D left a note in case they belong to my neighbour, but nabbing them if not!

blackberryjam

« Reply #1555 on: October 31, 2014, 21:37 »
Dug up last of potatoes and cover the area with weed suppression, my parsnips are doing okay but I was told they still need a sharp frost to sweeten them, swedes are also doing well. :)

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1556 on: October 31, 2014, 23:49 »
Dug over a couple of beds and sowed broad beans to over winter and also put in 100 tulip bulbs in one bed I am setting aside for cut flowers.

beesrus

« Reply #1557 on: November 01, 2014, 15:38 »
Deconstructed and spread an old compost pile... looking good.
Sorted a new wood chip path that has more pleasing curves. Enjoyed the warm sun, picked raspberries and unbelievably courgettes in November ! Mused in the cleared out greenhouse.

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1558 on: November 01, 2014, 23:55 »
Had a loverly garden fire on the first day of the open bonfire season.  Got rid of just about all the bits of old shed, dead apple tree and other such stuff.

AnneB

« Reply #1559 on: November 02, 2014, 15:59 »
First visit for three weeks owing to holiday, so lots to do.  Tidied the polytunnel.  Cleared away squash plant.  Weeded lots.  Sowed the Wizard field beans.  Harvested an awful lot of stuff.  Put fleece over the leaf chicory and lettuce still in the ground outside. 

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
What I did on the plot today 2019

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

143 Replies
Last post January 07, 2020, 14:33
by JayG

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 38 queries.