toys for chickens

• 11 Replies

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
toys for chickens
« on: April 23, 2012, 14:53 »
This may sound totally daft but are there any toys you can get for chickens. They have a mirror and i hang veg for them to go crazy with lol but are there any other things i can get/try to keep them busy whilst they are in their run? They come out and wreck my garden whilst im home but just wondering for when im working or when its raining.  :)

bertiewhite

Re: toys for chickens
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 15:09 »
A cockerell?  :D Joking aside, I thought my girls were perfectly happy before I got "Linford" but was given him free & they seemed to get a new lease of life when he arrived

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 18:25 »
This may sound totally daft but are there any toys you can get for chickens. They have a mirror and i hang veg for them to go crazy with lol but are there any other things i can get/try to keep them busy whilst they are in their run? They come out and wreck my garden whilst im home but just wondering for when im working or when its raining.  :)

Blimey, you've got it bad haven't you? :ohmy: :lol:

Must admit I am always trying to think of things to keep our chooks happy too.....but definitely no cockerel! :D

j00les

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 19:07 »
I brought today from pets at home a chicken fun feeding ball  :lol: :lol: :lol:
u fill with corn and the ball has a small hole at each end so when they move it their treats come out not sure if it is any good yet thought it would keep my chooks busy lol  :D :D

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 19:47 »
Tosca100 i think your right lol :lol: :lol: cockerel...... dont think my neighbors would be too happy although i like the sound they make cant imagine my partner would be too chuffed either 21 and he already has to have a daytime nap  ::) ::)

Skywise

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 20:37 »
Like j00ls I bought a corn ball to try and keep my noisy girl quiet.  It seems to be working and she has great fun chasing it about - or do I mean that I have great fun watching her chasing it about :lol:

jhub

• jane
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 21:15 »
u fill with corn and the ball has a small hole at each end so when they move it their treats come out not sure if it is any good yet thought it would keep my chooks busy lol  :D :D
I've had two of these and my hens loved  them, buried them and I'm still looking for them!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 23:02 »
Watch the mirror Dawn.  The hens may be okay with it, but I had a goose who hurt herself once.  She kept attacking the mirror I gave her and her sisters.  She thought it was an interloper!

I've never done it so much for the chickens, but I hang old CD's up for the turkeys.  They peck at them rather than their mates!  They love it when the sun shines on the CD's and chase the colours that get reflected off.

Someone we knew with a commercial chicken farm in Essex when we lived there used to play the radio for his hens!

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32 »
I've had two of these and my hens loved  them, buried them and I'm still looking for them!

Might try these......like to see them try to bury them under the patio! :lol:

There again, there is Bonnie and her ball obsession........ :ohmy:

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 19:39 »
Will do grannieannie it is a parrot mirror so wont shatter and at the moment a couple of them just stare at themselves in it which is really funny to watch lol. Iwill make sure they are not going too mad with it though  :lol: I have been hiding meal worm in a big pile of fresh straw and its fun to watch them demolish the pile and have a good scratch through  :)

Prod

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 10:33 »
Hang up a packet of Paxo........ if it goes wrong at least they will be pre stuffed :wacko:!!!

Fiona55

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 20:37 »
I think that sounds a great idea I am going to get one for Eric & his girls - only fellow chuck lovers would understand!

xx
Toys

Started by hulgrin on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 17, 2010, 16:54
by hulgrin
xx
Chicken Toys

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2011, 13:44
by OpiumEater
xx
Chick Toys

Started by chooknewbie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2008, 07:57
by chooknewbie
xx
games/toys for hens

Started by 3ps on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post July 13, 2009, 12:26
by Callie

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 38 queries.