Why are people so irresponsible!!???? Grrrrrrr

• 6 Replies

janet12000

Why are people so irresponsible!!???? Grrrrrrr
« on: October 06, 2009, 17:41 »
Sorry....rant time.
The next door but 1 neighbours dog has been put to live in their garden for whatever reason, which I understand is not illegal.
However this dog is left for sometimes days on end and is obviously very distressed. It barked all last night and has been barking most of the day today.
It isn't underweight (yet) as they seem to leave some food out for it, and me and the neighbour have chucked some food over the fence occasionally.
The rspca say that it is ok cause it looks reasonably healthy and has shelter.  :mad: :mad:
There are a few people that seem to go to the house sporadically but the main resident is not the type I would like to approach for various reasons. I offered to walk the dog when I take mine out and I was greeted with a torrent of F words and abuse, and woke up to a slashed tyre and a load of eggs smashed on my car.  :wacko:

I know the rspca are overstretched and they cannot really do anything until the dog is in dire need of help, but it drives me MAD that people are allowed to keep animals if they are not prepared to look after them.

I am torn between wanting to help the dog and obviously looking after my own property and animals. Once when I complained about the teenage son from the house throwing stones at my chickens, he changed to throwing stones at the front of my house.  :ohmy:

I know its ranty and there probably isn't an answer and I should concentrate on my own animals, leaving others to look after there's as they see fit, but..........

Sorry. got it off my chest.  :blink:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Why are people so irresponsible!!???? Grrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 18:03 »
How awful for you  :mad:

If the RSPCA won't take action there's not a lot you can do about that, unfortunately, but councils have powers to restrict anti-social behaviour so you could consider keeping a record of a) constant noise from dog which disturbs you, and b) behaviour such as repeated stone-throwing.

If other neighbours also kept a record that would help too.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

RIKJD89

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 18:51 »
Id go down the anti social route as well if i were you although be prepared for back lash whatever you do, some people are just not worth the body theyve been given.

Angus

• Skyechi
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 19:04 »
Report it to the dog warden they are very good and now are part of neighbourhood cohesion and will have a word we had had similar phoned the police and they and the dog warden spoke to the people.  IT WORKED

janet12000

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 19:06 »
Thanks for your reply Yorkie. (and everyone)

My next move is going to be contacting the anti social behaviour team to see what they can do.

It's a vicious circle though because if you contact the anti social behaviour team you get a couple of PSCO's turn up at your door, which in turn draws attention to your house and the scum target it.  :mad:

After the last attack on my car I was told 'oh they are just kids'. Which sadly that is what they are. They know they are too young to get into trouble.
My neighbour even filmed them on cctv only to be told he was infringing their privacy!

My main concern is the dog left in the garden though. It seems that the poor thing has to get thin and neglected to an extreme degree before anyone can do anything.

It just upsets me.  :(

SarahJC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 11:59 »
I'd feel exactly the same. My mum used to live down a lovely little privately owned houses street, then social services put a family into a vacant house near her and it was hell. The police came out several times. The boyfriend of the mother threatened my other half and I feared things were going to get nasty, so rang the police. My other half and myself were called to court to act as witnesses, thankfully after an hour or more sat in a room we weren't called. Phew!

Although sadly your hands are tied with regard to the poor dog, I would certainly make a complaint about them and see if your neighbours will too. Keep a record of everything that happens, time, date etc. There's no reason why the asbo team should let them know who is making the complaints. You could always ask them if they would be told. The more complaints they get, they should certainly act.

Thinking of you and hoping things change soon.
8 chickens, 5 cats, 2 guinea pigs and 1 other half.

death of rats

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 19:51 »
If you report them to the council environmental health about hte constant barking. The dog warden for neglect of the dog you may get some action. And threats or abuse should be dealt with by the police. If they claim that it is only kids then remind them that kids over the age of 10 are criminally responsible for their actions and their parents can be subject to parenting orders.
Any threat against you also needs to be reported to the police and do not be fobbed off byt eh civilian on the non emergency line. They do not seem to know the law and think they are doing the police force a service by shielding them from these minor crimes. Ask for the call to be logged and insist on a log number. That usually causes some action.
It is not easy when there are threats of retribution from some anti-social scrote.
One almost hopes that they are in a rented house because they are sure to have broken part of their tennancy agreement, especially if it is in the hands of a houseing association or local authority.
Now retired from the day job and working hard on my smallholding.

xx
Beehive in other people's gardens...

Started by poultrygeist on Pets without Feathers

7 Replies
Last post August 10, 2009, 19:05
by poultrygeist
xx
horse people i need advice please

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post October 12, 2009, 18:20
by karlooben

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 38 queries.