polytunnel wanted

• 3 Replies

ruggief

polytunnel wanted
« on: August 30, 2006, 19:51 »
Hi
We're after a polytunnel, can't really afford a new one of the size we needed.  Friends suggested buying an old one then just recovering 9which we'd have to do i know after about 5 years anyway.  has anybody tried this? does anyone have one in the Oxfordshire area?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
polytunnel wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 20:33 »
Hi there, we bought a 2nd hand one last August,  and although they say you can't use the polythene again, we have done, and although it has quite a few rips in it, its still in one piece.  You can buy repair tape for it.

You can sometimes get them cheap on Ebay, one of the guys on here or on another site I belong to bought one from Ebay a 54ft polytunnel for £28, but then had to get it delivered from Cambridgeshire to Lancashire or something!

Ours was £60 and its 25ft long.  Think it should be 24ft. but OH splayed it out a bit when we put it up!!!  Good luck, I love my polytunnel, I've had 100 tomatoe plants in it this summer, plus cucumbers, chillies, melons, and my left over potatoe and brassicas!!!

ruggief

polytunnel wanted
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 15:11 »
Thanks grannie,
Have checked out ebay and bought a 30ft, Just need to wait for it to arrive from Scotland now.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
polytunnel wanted
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 16:10 »
You just HAD to go one better didn't you!!!!!! lol.  Mine has another bay, but because you're not supposed to re-use the poly, and OH wanted to alter the rear doors, we left a bay out, but when I can afford to buy new poly, I suppose there's nothing stopping us putting that bay back in, then it'd be the same size as your new one!!!!!!

Hope you get it soon.  Did they charge you much for delivery? or are you arranging delivery yourself?

xx
Wanted

Started by peterryall on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 27, 2006, 21:54
by peterryall
xx
Just wanted to say.........

Started by lmpd on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 22:47
by Growster...
xx
Wanted

Started by mick on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 16, 2006, 20:48
by mick
xx
OK Advice wanted

Started by Celtic Eagle on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2007, 19:59
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.