first pics from my new plot.

• 29 Replies

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
Re: first pics from my new plot.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 07:38 »
have you just been pulling and digging or have you sprayed it too mine is worst than that lol

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36 »
and i thought mine was bad  :nowink: why o why do those responsible for allocating plots wait for them to get so bad b4 they are re allocated. It must have been apparant months ago that the plot was not being kept as it should, with the waiting lists it should have been offered ages ago

paul

unfortunatley its not that simple, if someone is ill or has other personal reasons you have to allow them a little time, not ideal i know but thats just the way it works

Sweet Pea 2

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 09:39 »
well so long  as you don't lost motivation.  It really looks like a big task to take on, but you are doing really well.  It will be worth it in the end.

starry

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 15:24 »
 and I thought mine was bad !!
well done can seem a bit daunting at first, but rewarding when you do I think Ihave probably have another 18months to go before I am at a "nearly done state" (been 18 months already)
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

Lupin lurcher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14 »
WOW well done, you have done brilliant.

kloggs

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 19:39 »
Hi Green Gnombe, You have a nice ready made 'lottie' shed. well done you are making very good progress, but don't overdo it because you find that it will becombe boring.  all the very best  Kloggs.
If a jobs worth doing etc. etc.

Gardenmunkey

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 21:50 »
Well done! The first pictures make it look a daunting task butt you seem motivated .... keep it up, slow and steady! :D

Carol

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 09:16 »
Well done.  Keep taking those photos to remind yourself how much you have acheived - and remember you have plenty of time before you will need to plant anything.

As others have said it's not worth trying to do it all in one go,  and some of the most enjoyable bits are actually sitting down there with a cuppa watching the wildlife while your muscles recover.

You are gonna love it when it's done. 

Mine wasn't quite as bad as that, but in the second winter I found myself wondering what to do and actually missing all the clearing and shifting! (And I really DO need the excercise).
Carol - aiming for organicness.

davethespread

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 09:35 »
and i thought mine was bad  :nowink: why o why do those responsible for allocating plots wait for them to get so bad b4 they are re allocated. It must have been apparant months ago that the plot was not being kept as it should, with the waiting lists it should have been offered ages ago

paul

unfortunatley its not that simple, if someone is ill or has other personal reasons you have to allow them a little time, not ideal i know but thats just the way it works
is that not part of the wardens job description?someone at our site is hemmed in by three overgrown plots. i think its unfair when you put all that work in and have weed seeds blowing in from all sides.especially as we have petrol strimmers on site that are locked in containers and the warden and his assistants have keys for, they could easily be kept down.but you hardly ever see our wardens, they come in at the crack of dawn or late in the evening,what good are they if nobody hardly sees them.
i dont suffer with insanity..........i enjoy every minute of it.

janet12000

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 16:52 »
My Dad and I both have problems with unkempt plots next to us.  :(

The one next to mine has an enormous 'hole' on one side of it and although the council trim the rest of the plot, their machine apparently cannot cope with the hole.  :wacko:

Dad has a weird set up on his lotty where the plots face different directions on a sloping area. His goes from top to bottom, and the ones next to his go from side to side. The side to side one at the bottom of the hill is so waterlogged no one wants it. Dad had to make a big drainage system at the bottom of his lotty to make it viable.

Oh well. I suppose we have to make the best of what we get offered!

Keep taking the pics.....it's very motivating!

green gnome

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 19:11 »
thanks for all the good comments guys, been down again today to do a bit more but didn't get very far due to the rain  :( oh and "man flu"  :wacko: but managed to rope the old man in for a couple of hours tomorrow so hopefully will get a bit more done then. will keep you all upto date with the progress and a few more pics  :D

green gnome

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 21:16 »
we are getting somewhere finally lol !!!

still got plenty of work left though

now all the top has been raked off, years of rubbish thats been dumped looks like the next job along with fencing to stop any future tipping

Laverne88

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 22:09 »
where did you get those stakes from????..... I've just got 32 (for various jobs) and they took 2 weeks to get to my house!!!!
Stay Muddy x

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 07:49 »
where did you get those stakes from????..... I've just got 32 (for various jobs) and they took 2 weeks to get to my house!!!!

i could be wrong but they look like the poles out of a wind break

green gnome

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 15:45 »

they were from local timber merchant, think they were £2.50 each @ 6ft lengths. seem to be standing up to the wind we've had recently but we'll when the rest of the fencing is done how well they work  ???

xx
my plot pics

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 12:12
by woodburner
xx
Pics of my new plot

Started by bunch29 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 16:41
by bunch29
xx
2nd and 3rd day on plot! Pics :-)

Started by peapod on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 07, 2008, 18:03
by chippie295
xx
Some pics from Plot 98

Started by Alex 98 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post June 01, 2008, 21:42
by muddifoot

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 34 queries.