What I did on the plot today 2017

• 513 Replies

chillimummy

Re: What I did on the plot today 2017
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2017, 23:55 »
Finally planted my potatoes. Bit late but area for them only just ready.
Started digging over and weeding last area full of grass and weeds. Not too much left. Will carry on tomorrow hopefully if dry. Over the weekend OH going to rotovate rest of the plot then I can sow all of my seeds.
Plot looking better and hopefully after the weekend won't be much left to tackle  :)   
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2017, 20:59 »
Lots :) 

Outdoor tomatoes potted into their final containers and now out of the greenhouse, greenhouse tomatoes planted into to builders buckets.  All peppers and chillies (bar 1) now in their final pots as well.  All the tomatoes are flowering and the Latah even had some decent sized fruits,  The sweet peppers all have flower buds and the Pot Black chillies are flowering.

Sowed a load more seeds - climbing beans of various sorts, a late season sweetcorn, fennel, courgettes and mitsuba.

Very tired now but I had a great day  :D

Lardman

« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2017, 21:49 »
I'm even more behind than the usual behind I am...  ::)

Some of the tomato plants are in their final pots, I've reduced them to 5L rather than the 15L I usually use, they're still tiny anyway. There are a few in cells still if I can find the time to clear the glass from the top GH.

Put 4 sides of netting up around the blueberry bed - need to get some netting to make a roof for it before it's too late.

Did another air layer on my fig and 1 on each of the 2 blueberry plants in pots.

Sowed some chard and a couple of courgettes, I wasn't going to bother but it doesn't feel right not having any courgettes or runner beans, what next a season with no tomatoes ?

Very poor set on the apples due to the late frost and now the aphids and ants have moved in they were looking very sickly, I sprayed again (3rd time this year) but this modern, organic stuff is useless I might as well ask them to leave politely.

robinahood

• Experienced Member
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49 »
Yesterday I planted out squash under cloches.
On the bit of plot I hadn't touched yet I cleared out a great many volunteer spuds. OH made a start on a path, edges are down. I made a bigger frame and mesh for the Brussels.

Aled

« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47 »
Everything in, so weeding, watering, and earthing up potatoes at the moment.
Radishes looking a bit sparse. Tomatoes seem to be coming along well, so far so "touch wood".
Cheers
Aled 

snowdrops

« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2017, 21:17 »
Weeded & earthed up the potatoes, finished weeding the front of plot 40 where we took out the old compost bins. Then hubby turned up with a coffee for me, so after that I dug up the bulbs at the end of the potato plot ready for the path alterations. Hubby moved the gladioli to the new flower bed(old compost bin plot)
Came home & after lunch spent the afternoon in the garden planting out dahlias & various half hardy annuals that I've grown from seed in modules.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

chillimummy

« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2017, 22:04 »
No allotment at the weekend as spent it in my garden, cutting the grass and making raised beds. Got lots of marseille roof tiles from freecycle and started making raised beds from them attaching them together with wire. Looking good so far.
So back to the plot today to carry on weeding last area of original half plot.
Tackled patches of grass and feeling effects now! Half of that patch done.  :)
Another visit and that part of the plot will be under control with some foliage to burn.
My raspberries are overgrown with buttercup so found some black plastic to cover some of weeds. Think that will be an ongoing job but path next to them needs renewing too.
At home sowed butternut squash, burgess buttercup squash, cucumber, broccoli and sweetbaby tomatoes. 

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2017, 22:14 »
Planted out a couple of courgettes and squashes. Harvested some more asparagus.
Fantastic weather for growing.
Must go back first thing tomorrow to plant out the rest of the squashes.

Cheers HH

Keep digging

chillimummy

« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2017, 21:57 »
More digging and weeding.
Now have two piles of weeds and foliage to burn.  ;)
Dug up last years red cabbage that had gone to seed. Just raspberries now to try and tackle weeds.
At home sowed yellow french beans and tepee beans.
Struggled last year with germination when directly sown so will grow in pots and plant out on plot.
Will get OH to rotovate rest of plot at weekend and then can sow beetroot, turnips, swede, spinach, pak choi and spring onions.
Plot looks bit bare at moment but certainly better than it was.  :)
Have covered area near my shed on my new half plot that was full of weeds with large black plastic sheet to tackle later.
Under plum tree the weeds are growing too so will cover that with black plastic too.

snowdrops

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2017, 22:23 »
Took various pruning's to the plot, planted out the spring onions I forgot to take yesterday with the Bedfordshire seedlings yesterday. Went back this evening to water & plant out the 4 broad beans that grew, just as well I bought some plantsearlier.
Back home had a good tidy round then washed all the pots that had accumulated plus the freebies from yesterday's garden club basket planting. Potted up loads of gladioli seedlings I brought back from the plot yesterday.

Aled

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44 »
Watered and weeded last night. Looked at the plot this morning, and its grown over night! :D
Lovely.
Aled

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2017, 17:34 »
Watered the plot this morning. Harvested some asparagus and radish. Sowed some more French beans in pots at home.
Cheers HH

jaydig

« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2017, 19:55 »
Sweated!!!!

snowdrops

« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2017, 21:09 »
Nothing, had a day off after the last week of very busy days,but I did direct hubby which branches to prune off the Rowan tree in the garden, then snipped up the prunings as kindling for the next bonfire, yhen I dead headed a few flowers in the garden
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:53 by snowdrops »

Rhys

• Experienced Member
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2017, 23:27 »
Bought myself a little toy off Glumtree.:

Had a strimmer bump head thingy that soon ran out of line after shredding the head guard (and cutting blade). Managed to cut down the jungle that were my paths and some borders before it ran out.. Brushcutter blade didn't really do anything. Bought a decent head now that you put cut legths of line in, far better..

Sprinkled some Vitax D-14 on my spuds (couple of Oz/SqYrd) and watered it in after weeding.
Also weeded my carrots and buckwheat, and watered.

Roosters are coming along nicely, whereas the Sarpo Mira are a bit slow..

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little." - Billy Connolly

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2015

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

923 Replies
Last post January 05, 2016, 18:35
by mumofstig
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 51 queries.