This weekends Disaster

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

This weekends Disaster
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:07 »
As many of you will know, I roll from one disaster into the next.
Sunday, due to be at the Windmill Summer Fete, as I am running a stall.   Went round to secure the windows, and the side kitchen window wouldn't pull in.  Went outside and opened it right out to see what was sticking, and sprayed all the slider hinges with Silicone.  Pulled it down and as I did the stays on the hinges both bent outward.  So the window is now completely jammed wide open.
Had to go, left it, and went out.  Got in, and a neighbour pulled the stays back in, and managed to push window in, but not closed.
Rang my window people, and he came immediately took it all to bits and replaced the hinges.
Disaster averted - cost £78, and a £5 "drink".  I wasn't laughing at the time, but I wish I had been framed.
£250.    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

Re: This weekends Disaster
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 20:18 »
Now, Mrs B...

You and I are good lovely friends, but WHAT DID YOU SPRAY IT WITH?

Why not leave Worthing, come and live near us and I'll sort it all out for you. And Mrs Growster will let you look at her etchings...

Did you mean WD40 or similar?

;0)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 20:18 by Growster... »

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 13:55 »
I have a friend like that whose name is Kate but she's often known as Katastrophe for obvious reasons! When we get together it's like "Get your cameras out - you'll never believe what's just happened!" Do we care, er, no, we just have a jolly good laugh. One of us said something near the bakery stall in Sainsbury's, the other one responded in kind then we couldn't stand up for laughing. The place suddenly became rather popular! Another of my friends got a job in a supermarket promoting eggs. She had to wear a banner with "Miss Golden Lay" across it and we never let her forget! I once asked a market trader if he had cotton wool balls. His response was "Don't be so blooming personal." MB - I was going to suggest you make toad-in-the-hole with any sausages in your fridge or freezer but it involves getting your oven to a rather high temperature. Perhaps you should give that a miss!  8)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 18:59 »
I sprayed it with  +IDD-IT + professional Silicone Lubricant.  It says lubricates, waterproofs and prevents cracking of plastic and rubber parts (perhaps I need a squirt myself !!)
He (the window man) has previously told me not to use WD40.  The latest task he has set, is to go round all the windows and put silicone onto a rag, and wipe all the plastic rubbery/plastic bits that form the seal when the windows are closed.
Where exactly is it you live Growster, I do so admire peoples etchings  ;) ;) 

Erm, toad-in-the -hole, you're right - maybe not   :D :D :D  Mrs B 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 19:01 by mrs bouquet »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 19:06 »
Cotton Wool Balls !  - a man in the village makes beautiful turned wooden ornaments and things like that.
He had a stall with his wife at last years GC show.    I picked one up, and said, Oh, I do love touching your things, they are so tactile.  -   Oh no, what I mean is.  By this time they were both rolling about laughing at my embarrassment and blushing.  I said, I think I had better shut up before I make things worse, and crept away.  :blush: :blush: :blush:  So I know what friend Kate goes through.  :D  Mrs B

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 14:57 »
Thank you for sharing these experiences... they did make me chuckle.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

xx
Two downsizes and a disaster...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post March 04, 2021, 07:06
by Growster...

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 41 queries.