Tip of the Day - from Nana Bouquet

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Tip of the Day - from Nana Bouquet
« on: July 13, 2018, 10:47 »
Tubes of hand cream, toothpaste, in fact anything.  When you think its run out and you're trying to get the last bit out,  Cut off the flat bottom end about 1/3rd down, and hey presto, look at whats still inside.  Use the bottom bit as the lid.   ;) ;) Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Tip of the Day - from Nana Bouquet
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 16:13 »
Tubes of hand cream, toothpaste, in fact anything.  When you think its run out and you're trying to get the last bit out,  Cut off the flat bottom end about 1/3rd down, and hey presto, look at whats still inside.  Use the bottom bit as the lid.   ;) ;) Mrs Bouquet
I do this, too Mrs B.  Depending on what is in the tube, I can usually get about another two weeks' worth of cream etc. from it.  It's amazing how much is left in there, isn't it?  I hate it when product is in a glass pump dispenser, and the remains can be seen in the bottom, but it is impossible to get it out - unless, of course, one of you geniuses out there has found a way of doing that?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 20:34 »
Glass/plastic pumps, I just add a little water and shake it and use it, and carry on until in the end I've added water so many times that's all that comes out - then I dispose of it  ;)  I can make tht last another couple of weeks as well.   Nana B.

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 21:10 »
Thanks for the tip...Think shampoo bottle is empty take lid off fill with a bit of warm water and there will be enough for another few uses.

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 22:46 »
Glass/plastic pumps, I just add a little water and shake it and use it, and carry on until in the end I've added water so many times that's all that comes out - then I dispose of it  ;)  I can make tht last another couple of weeks as well.   Nana B.
I do that with everything liquid. Can’t bear waste.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:22 »
I used to decant my washing up liquid into another old washing up liquid bottle that had a smaller hole in the lid until it got thrown away because most brands have far too big a hole to get you to use too much.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 08:35 »

Thanks, Mrs B.  I'll do that in future.  As my nan used to say "Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves."

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 13:11 »
I do the same things. Add a bit of water to whatever, give it a few gentle mixes and it does last longer. If it's a pump jobbie, do the same then press the contents of the pump into a little bowl then add it to the main dispenser. I squeeze the left-overs of soap tablets together, do the same with where the toothpaste exits by pressing my thumb up hard towards the nozzle, and the same with anything you need to dilute like liquid garden feed. I'm not mean by any way but just a post-war 2 baby whose parents made the most of what they had.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 19:23 »
Absolutely    ;)  My Nan had a little metal gauze this on a handle, and she used this to put all the little soap bits in, and then she waved it about in the water - a soap wand maybe ?  I thought it was magic  :D Mrs B

xx
Mrs Bouquet

Started by jaydig on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2019, 17:11
by jaydig

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 48 queries.