Council Compost

• 16 Replies

lmpd

• Experienced Member
  • peas & love
Re: Council Compost
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 18:49 »
Our local council sell it for 2.50 a bag too, it seems ok but I would be wary of using it for my toms because of blight (people putting potato peel in the green bin) heat treated or not. I made the mistake of potting mine up in my own compost (this was a number of years ago I hasten to add) and lost the lot to blight - which was a lesson hard learned!!!

bailey

• Experienced Member
Re: Council Compost
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 20:04 »
Yorky i know exactly where you are talking about and infuriates me like hell as there is a vast amount of disused land around that area for them to do it.
My brother works for one of the many contracted waste collection companies and the stories he tells of companies binning items that could be used elswhere is unbelievable eg Tesco's at Seacroft have 9 skips a day emtied of food that they cannot sell   why the hell isnt this sent for composting let alone all the cardboard food packaging.....hang on i need to count to ten.
As you have said they ram it down the Leeds folks throats for them to be greener yet they ignore the fact they are the worst culprits just look at the city skyline on a night with the amount of glow you would be mistaken for it being Chenobyl .
I glad i got outa that blooming city when i did

i used to work a CCTV control room for a major shopping center in the midlands, at the end of the days work KFC/mcdonalds and other restaurants used to fill at least 20 of the big round metal bins of the food that they did,nt sell during that day,,    also worked at york uni and there kitchens used to do the same or put it in what we called a gobbler, like a large mincer that destroyed the food so no one could use it,,,   all down to health and safety so i,m told...   sad world we live in i think that can throw all that away yet on the other hand tell us to try and reuse and  recycle..

clip
council compost

Started by luke34 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post November 16, 2015, 20:51
by Thrutchington
xx
Council compost. Anyone using it?

Started by swaine on Grow Your Own

31 Replies
Last post August 28, 2009, 15:48
by lovemyveg
xx
Council compost

Started by luckypurplebutterfly on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post September 12, 2008, 01:27
by muntjac
xx
Compost Bin For £5 From My Council

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 16, 2007, 21:48
by Little Miss Muffet

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 38 queries.