Slugs eating my potato leaves

• 3 Replies

Ygerna

« on: June 15, 2008, 20:40 »
Well, I am  both excited and disappointed. My potatoes are just starting to flower (got them in a bit late due to being pregnant). But, when I went up to water them this evening lots and lots of the lovely leaves have been eaten by slugs? :(  Now, this is the first time I have ever grown potatoes, and I know that slugs do eat things but, will this harm my yield? Also, whats the best way to stop them eating them. I want lots of potatoes please :wink:

Whilst up there, I noticed my dwarf beans were starting to come through too, and this is exciting because I only bought those after reading something on here, I wasn't really going to do anything like them this year. But, they are growing, woo HOO! Just got to stop them slugs from getting them first :evil:

vegmandan

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 20:57 »
I wouldn't worry too much about the slugs eating the leaves now that the plants are in flower as you should have a decent crop underneath by now,I'd be more concerned about stopping the little blighters getting into your potatoes,especially if they're those little black keel slugs. :evil:

Ygerna

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 21:29 »
Quote from: "vegmandan"
I wouldn't worry too much about the slugs eating the leaves now that the plants are in flower as you should have a decent crop underneath by now,I'd be more concerned about stopping the little blighters getting into your potatoes,especially if they're those little black keel slugs. :evil:

Argghhh.

*dashes off to look for photos on T'internet showing just what a Keel Slug looks like....*

gobs

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 21:29 »
Very much so, even more so about the young bean seedlings, honestly, the pot plants will be fine. 8)
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
slugs eating potato leaves

Started by homegrown on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2013, 21:15
by sunshineband
xx
Slugs eating cabbage leaves

Started by Ma Lowe on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 04, 2014, 12:46
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Slugs/snails eating leaves of Beans and peas

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 21:04
by Mitsy
xx
Slugs eating my onions !!!

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post August 15, 2009, 11:09
by hubballi

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 38 queries.