honey🐝

• 5 Replies

chrissie B

honey🐝
« on: March 22, 2016, 09:16 »
Hi all i was watching robson green on his
Program of northumberland , he went to a honey farm which prompted me to think about the thick golden liquid gold we used to get in
Greece boy was it bood and i miss it , we havent been to greece for ages and my honeys all gone and im gutted when i remember that i left my castana honey by mistake 😭castana is chestnut its dark and yummy .
the shops here just dont have as good honey would be glad to hear if any one knows of some realy good honey i can readily buy .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: honey🐝
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 14:34 »
You can get Costakis honey on Amazon, or Attiki on ebay, with the postage it's not cheap - but I do treat myself now and again  ::)

and why not  :lol:

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 18:36 »
Thank you.
i got some honey from the shops its awful when i looked at the origin it was from very places in europr and none europe it didnt mention countrys , i think they should .
chrissie b

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: honey
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 20:59 »
For a treat, I buy honey made by bees on my allotment site (not a lot of use to you, though, Chrissie!)  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Snoop

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 22:32 »
I looked at those honeys, MoS. To be honest, I didn't think they were that expensive compared with the price of 'proper' UK honey.

Personally, Chrissie, I never buy own-brand honeys or the like. You can't be sure that it's honey made by bees collecting from flowers or, in the case of some honeys, honey made by bees from sugar.

Sounds like you've got a good source, Yorkie. You might be able to find someone selling local honey too, Chrissie.

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 22:55 »
I will have a google , yorkie you will have to do mail order.
chrissie b

xx
Honey glazed ham.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Kitchen Natter

2 Replies
Last post December 23, 2022, 11:08
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 39 queries.