Show your roses

• 6 Replies

gobs

Show your roses
« on: April 17, 2017, 15:03 »
I haven't seen such topic, so I thought I start one, just in case you would want to show them and I can marvel.

The Old Blush China is in flower of course, but I cannot boast with it, as its overgrown by another plant, so anaemic, as if it were grown in shade...
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Show your roses
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 15:42 »
You're going to have a long wait! Most of my outside ones have only just started growing, let alone flowering  :nowink:

The Gloire de Dijon in the greenhouse has a couple of flowers - so will add a pic of that later.

Rhys

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 22:30 »
I've got loads on my plot, none are in flower though. The last ones stopped about a month ago..

Here's some pics from the end of last year when I was dead heading..

The light purple one smells like Turkish Delight, not sure of the names of any of them though. My dad bought them all for my mum, and he used to cut them and bring them home for the kitchen.

At the end of last year, I took some home and you could smell them as soon as you walked through the front door the aroma was so strong. I've not counted how many roses I have on my plot, but it must be around 7 or 8 bushes - maybe more. Some are light, some are deep crimson, but nearly all of them smell wonderful! Not like the rubbish they sell in the supermarket  ::)

I'm sure when they are all in full bloom I will have to post pics of them all.. Some have been growing for donkies years and must be around 15 feet high in parts (it keeps nosy people out)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 22:32 by Rhys »
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing, so get yourself a sexy raincoat and live a little." - Billy Connolly

gobs

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 22:49 »
ooohuhh! They are gorgeous! And what good photos, too.

- I didn't need to wait long, Mum -

The second one is my favourite colour to top, but all three are beautiful. And all are scented as well, you say? Well said, no scent in bought bouquets.

I have no clue, but I imagine the 'gloire de dijon' as a white shrub, am I completely misfiring?

Rhys

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 18:27 »
Just had a count up this evening, 21 rose-bushes that I can see (and probably a couple I can't)  8)

gobs

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 23:32 »
Am looking forward to that show.

Mum2mj

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16 »
"The light purple one smells like Turkish Delight, not sure of the names of any of them though. My dad bought them all for my mum, and he used to cut them and bring them home for the kitchen."

I also have roses that smell like Turkish delight - they look similar but are a deep red.  They were here when I moved in - I'd love to find out the name.  I'll post pics when they flower 🌹

xx
Roses

Started by clarebear on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post April 12, 2008, 11:44
by clarebear
xx
roses

Started by chrissie B on General Gardening

29 Replies
Last post September 18, 2007, 00:10
by Trillium
xx
roses

Started by chrissie B on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post August 22, 2012, 19:19
by mumofstig
xx
Roses

Started by Phoenix on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post April 13, 2006, 19:38
by becky

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 39 queries.