Plants easy to grow

• 2 Replies

ChattyA

Plants easy to grow
« on: June 18, 2018, 19:37 »
Hello friends! Plants are amazing, but there is more satisfaction if you grow plant from seeds. I have tried once to grow a mango. It started to sprout; however, I neglected it..Do you know what plants are easy to grow from a seed? https://gardenseedsmarket.com/seeds-en/ Maybe you have tried and you have some tips?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:37 by ChattyA »

DHM

• Experienced Member
Re: Plants easy to grow
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20 »
What sort of plants? The easiest to grow I think are radishes; seed to plate in as little as 4 weeks, loads of varieties and they taste great too!

I once managed to get a Mango plant to germinate from seed, grew to about 4 inches then stopped, and about 2 years later it just keeled over... nice plant it was, lovely dark green leaves.

Toosje

• Experienced Member
Re: Plants easy to grow
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:59 »
You can sort of grow anything from seeds that suits the climate. Avocado's or mango's do sprout and grow, but I haven't met any one yet who got a fruit.. I don't know wether it is possible.

What is good to know is that fruits are mostly budded (a bit of a cultivated fruittree is put in a strong base, like roses) and when you use the pit of that apple, or peach, or cherry, you won't get the apple peach or cherry you just ate.
Same can go for pumpkins. Some varieties are a mixture and when sowing the seed from you bought pumpkin or the produce of your bought plant, the result might not be as satisfying.

I would say just go ahead and try, just anything your taste goes for :)
Like DHM said: radishes are easy, like pumpkins, zucchini, cabbages but use some calcium with them, the plain lettuce varieties (the romanesco's seem a bit harder to grow), peas and beans (beautiful flowers as well), tomatoes but the plants like a roof, calendula, camomille, sun flowers (very popular among snails so when a lot of them around, sow and wait with planting until bigger), Tropaeolum magus (cappuccino plant?) lots and lots of eatable flowers, Aquilegia (columbine?), raspberries (are easier to grow from a bit of root but spread by seed as well), thyme, parsley, basil..

Enjoy! :)

xx
What is easy to grow that can go in now?

Started by bedifferent on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 22:05
by SnooziSuzi
xx
What Fruit and Veg is Easy To Grow?

Started by Blingblongx on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 23:12
by Johndeb
xx
inca berries - easy to grow?

Started by mjw on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 01, 2013, 22:31
by thatshallot
xx
How easy are cucumbers to grow from seed.

Started by chrisb1357 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 18, 2009, 16:05
by Kristen

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 35 queries.