Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 11:50 »
Same here weather wise, but I had a really late finish at job no. 2 yesterday so happy to mooch about doing not a lot  :lol:

OH has been to the dentist this morning so is feeling sorry for himself.  He wants to go to the garden centre to get pots and seeds for a sunflower growing compy at the Beaver group he helps with (mini Scouts, even younger than the Cubs).  He's suggesting lunch and I've just had a load of special offer vouchers emailed through from them.  Suddenly the day is looking up  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 12:12 »
Well afternoon lol, already been to yoga & now waiting to be collected to go & get lots of bags of well rotted manure, shame it’s persisting it down plus chap that’s driving has put it back by 1 hour already so much got not happen but I’m so excited at getting some. I really do need to get out more lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

madcat

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 17:09 »
Horrible day - so I am doing a horrible job and putting the account books to bed for the (tax) year.  Almost finished and feeling quite virtuous!   :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Growster...

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 19:51 »
And here's me hoping that 'Quite Virtuous' is now a very happy person..;0)

Cold 'ere, innit...

madcat

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2018, 09:59 »
Moderately ....  I still have the last bells and whistles to finish and then set up properly for this year.  I always say that I'll get this all done at the turn of the year and then end up scurrying through for the end of April. Last minute Annie, that's me. I blame the nice weather!   :D  Never mind, I am just grateful I don't have company or personal accounts to deal with that are with TSB.  :ohmy:  I hope that none of you are hurting.

Today is chores - and hot soup for lunch.  It is still horrible ...  Have we had summer for this year?  :(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2018, 10:45 »
Busy busy busy day today - cakes to make, visits to make to deliver them and people to see.

Must dash, laters  :D

Growster...

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2018, 14:14 »
Just had to mow everywhere this morning, although it was so wet!

The mower is pretty powerful, but struggled, and got clogged several times, so afterwards I turned it over to give it a good seeing to...

Blimey, I've never collected so much grass under the bonnet before! There was a huge pile of the stuff, and so wet that it had started to weaken the dried-on grass already there, so after half an hour with a paint scraper, it all came away! Poor old thing, it really did have a job on its hands - (blades) - today!

It had a treat of a squirt of WD40 as a nice thank you tincture before it went back to bed...

wighty

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2018, 21:31 »
I'm with Madcat, we've spent the day doing end of year financial stuff.  Paul found a load of receipts in his van that should have been handed over months ago that I've had to log.  Nearly there now, just the last bit to do .

Christine

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57 »
Sigh - it' s allotment inspections day. Glad I'm not on the team. But had better be there to open gates and smile nicely as am committee. But it's not warm and the showers have been busy this morning. Will have to come home and prick out sweet pepper seedlings from the window sill this afternoon.

The local varmits have been running off with plant tubs from the front of the bungalows here again. I know where my one went but as they took one that was not thriving to the point of being replaced it's only a plant pot (plastic at that) gone. Could have gathered up the plant but it ain't worth saving. Have moved the one good  pot with the herb that I wanted to keep round into the back garden.

Whatever with the pots that are left.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2018, 09:09 »
Makes you cross though, don't it Christine. Here they just like pulling the plants out and making a mess. The half barrels full of soil are a bit heavy for them to lift  ::)
The committee here has put inspections back by a few weeks because of the rotten weather. I'm struggling to get plants big enough to plant out, and prefer not to buy them. So all they could see on my plot is weed control covered beds, except for the tater ridges - I managed to get them in when we has a warm spell  :)

It is only 8C outside in the greenhouse, so all the toms, cukes and peppers are still on the dining table - didn't think it was worth moving them  :nowink:
It looks like a book or a boxset kind of day, certainly don't fancy doing the ironing  ::) :lol:

Have a nice day, whatever you do.

madcat

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2018, 09:56 »
I've a list as long as your arm for stuff to get through today - and noooooooo motivation.  (Entirely get that about the ironing.  At least it is a warm job, I suppose  :unsure:) I am going to have to give myself a kick up the backside. :wacko:

snowdrops

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2018, 10:46 »
Yes it’s an inside day here too, but on the plus side I’ve already assembled a large lasagne for the freezer, from bolognaise I made for Friday’s dinner, hubby made extra pasta but I used it up on the large lasagne, he was going to make me some more for the smaller ones but we’ve run out of pasta flour, so 3 x bolognaise in the freezer plus a tub of bechamel sauce plus said lasagne. So quite productive so far, oh & a batch of jam jars had their labels removed, then got a message to say friend is popping  round with some more!
Still not got out to spread horse pooh ☹️. Really want to get that done but it doesn’t look promising for today.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2018, 13:57 »
Its not great here - cool, overcast and breezy - but I have been to the plot, done some planting and some digging.

Just got to batten the hatches now - wild wind and rain overnight and tomorrow according to the weather forecast  :ohmy:  Hang on tight everyone   ::)

Growster...

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 18:51 »
Big change round in the greenhouse today. We use a flyaway GH for hardening off the overwintering fuchsias, which makes space for the toms etc...

Cold, wet and damp - not good, but a great book in front of the fire is the antidote!

snowdrops

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2018, 19:13 »
Well it stopped raining after lunch so a trip to the plot was just what the Dr ordered, 46 bags of manure later 😱😂 I came home a bit more weary for a hot bath, but the feeling that I got started is great, plus I finished planting the spuds.

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 54 queries.