My chilli leaves are turning yellow

• 18 Replies

aqua

• Experienced Member
Re: My chilli leaves are turning yellow
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 14:33 »
i think they are pretty tough apart from the cold. I got a chilli with 5 fruits on it from homebase for 20p. The leaves had withered but the stem looked very green to me. took it home cut the fruit and all the dead stuff off, then repotted and fed. A week later new leaves are forming. Don't know if it will fruit again. Time will tell.

I did it as act of plant love and I got some nice chillies.

lazza

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 10:28 »
i think they are pretty tough apart from the cold. I got a chilli with 5 fruits on it from homebase for 20p. The leaves had withered but the stem looked very green to me. took it home cut the fruit and all the dead stuff off, then repotted and fed. A week later new leaves are forming. Don't know if it will fruit again. Time will tell.

I did it as act of plant love and I got some nice chillies.

Nice! Our local garden centre was selling off chilli plants for 80p (so not quite such a bargain, half price all the same), but there seemed to be nothing wrong with them, and they all had 8-10 chillis on, and plenty more flowers, so bought a couple, and they're thriving.

japagow

• Experienced Member
  • A yard a day.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 22:17 »
I worked out that grow bag soil in the pot is good for peppers and chillis and I believe that they both do not like their leaves getting wet so water from below the leaf line.

Chilli food (?) sold on the inter net keeps them flying in a straight line.

Have had no yellow leaves and plenty of flowers so far.

Headgardener22

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 17:49 »
Are you feeding them? If you're growing them in the soil, I use chicken pellets to keep them strong. In pots I use tomato fertilizer. I've found peppers do best in pots. I heard somewhere that they need to be hot and pot bound to make them really generate fruit. It seems to work for chillies and sweet peppers. I keep them in 12 inch pots in the sunniest part of the garden.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.