Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

madcat

Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2018, 09:37 »
Started with a damping down (much needed!) but the sky is brightening up.  It will be nice by lunchtime, so chores this morning and we will see this afternoon ...
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2018, 09:49 »
Awake at silly o’clock(4) then couldn’t get back off, I think cos little granddaughter was sleeping over, she was up at 5.30 so I’m tired now, she’s gone home so it might be a rest day today.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2018, 19:49 »
Our front garden is designed to have just shrubs and a wilderness floor.

I'm planning to mow it to knock the ivy etc', out, and Mrs Growster asked me a few minutes ago, whether I'd done it!

Totally forgot, but the lawn looks great, and so does the kerb stuff outside The Turrets!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2018, 21:28 »
Admittted defeat with my homegrown aubergine plants which never recovered from a flea beetle assault so replace them with store bought plants, first time I've done that :(
Bit of weeding and then wandered off home as it was getting dark.

snowdrops

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2018, 22:01 »
Admittted defeat with my homegrown aubergine plants which never recovered from a flea beetle assault so replace them with store bought plants, first time I've done that :(
Bit of weeding and then wandered off home as it was getting dark.
I germinated some aubergines then fried them in the greenhouse in the first wave of hot weather 🙄 so I bought 2 & they’re romping away

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06 »
Up bright and breezy but it's a drizzly start to the day, so indoorsy stuff on the 'to do' list.

Cat's got her grumpy head on, cos the door is shut, I let her out and she runs straight back in  ::) Can't win can I?
Have a good day  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2018, 10:19 »
The cat here has a grump head on this morning as well.  Much prowling about and moaning, but after stuffing his face and sitting on my knee for a bit, he stalked off to bury himself in the duvet.

I've left him to it and gone to work :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2018, 12:48 »
JRT keeps chasing bees, andhasn't learned what happens the last time she ate one...

I spied the biggest grass snake I've ever seen this morning, down on The Patch! It was basking on a section of old greenhouse, and while I couldn't see its head or tail, it must have been at least a yard long, and its girth was as big as the average salt cellar!

Sadly, one got caught in a net a few years ago, and presumably a fox got to it before I did, but this feller was a monster, and with beautiful colouring! I wish I'd had my camera, but with a very, very long telefoto lens..:0)

snowdrops

« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2018, 14:14 »
JRT keeps chasing bees, andhasn't learned what happens the last time she ate one...

I spied the biggest grass snake I've ever seen this morning, down on The Patch! It was basking on a section of old greenhouse, and while I couldn't see its head or tail, it must have been at least a yard long, and its girth was as big as the average salt cellar!

Sadly, one got caught in a net a few years ago, and presumably a fox got to it before I did, but this feller was a monster, and with beautiful colouring! I wish I'd had my camera, but with a very, very long telefoto lens..:0)

Ooh yuk, I’d have been back at the Towers quick as a wink, I’m terrified of snakes.
My cats are grumpy today as I’m not letting them past the kitchen door today as someone left a deposit on the doormat! I think I know who it is as she’s feeling sorry for herself.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52 »
Mornings  :) Lovely start to the day here, and as it's cooler thanks to a strong breeze I'm going to go and do some hoeing ...
I lifted one of my early spud plants yesterday and there was very little underneath, so also have to do a bit of shopping later, as well.
What an exciting life I lead in retirement  :lol: :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2018, 13:30 »
Done some watering and tried a bit of hand-weeding but far too hot despite a cooling breeze. OH is busy doing a much-needed sort out in the garage for our new freezer and fridge-freezer coming tomorrow. He's also asked me to load up a pic he took of a circular card that is on the top of a gun cartridge case (ok, fine) but he wants it to be printed out the exact size so he can make some more cards for those that don't have any (r-r-right). It's a good excuse not to do any hoovering today!  :lol:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2018, 18:20 »
"the top of a gun cartridge case "

I thought he was a muzzle loader Goosey?

Perhaps we need a tincture at a hostelry near both of us to understand these shenanigans!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35 »
Another lovely start to the day so a plot visit is on the Agenda, plus some baking because it is...
DgxNbEHW0AEaSvn.jpg

Growster...

« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03 »
And we bought some scones and cream only yesterday Mum...

Tesco must have seen us coming!

Goosegirl

« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2018, 13:12 »
"the top of a gun cartridge case "

I thought he was a muzzle loader Goosey?

Perhaps we need a tincture at a hostelry near both of us to understand these shenanigans!
He is but also shoots rifles that use cartridges which he collects. He is presently sorting them out which appears to have taken over the whole house! Some are quite rare so I daren't move them. Some are missing the paper on top which is where I came in handy so he could cut my pics out and stick them on the top. All I did was crop the pic then print out the smallest size and, with only a minimal tweaking, it worked and I can't tell the difference between the original and the stick-on pic. Part of my morning was spent in the garden pulling a few weeds out and praying for rain.

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 54 queries.