Public enemy number 1

• 18 Replies

arh

Re: Public enemy number 1
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 07:42 »
When you've finished with him/her, Growster, please direct him/her over the estuary to here, as we have a serious, and I mean serious, (2 surveys, 1 from police, 1 from C.C., both say the same, approx 2000 vehicles exceeding 30mph PER DAY), speeding problem here, which neither Police or CC are willing to solve. :lol: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 08:56 »
Does Ashford still have the unmarked town centre road system?
Yes, if you mean the pedestrian and vehicle shared space scheme (As if that could ever work >:()
It's extra dangerous atm as building works on the corner of the 'not a roundabout' roundabout  :wacko: makes pedestrians walk out into the normal flow of traffic - scary!

al78

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 21:22 »
As far as I know, there is only very rarely a bottom speed limit, or rule that says how fast you must go!
If you wish to go faster, then you find somewhere safe to overtake and do so.
People drive at speeds that suit their own reaction rate and their own bodily restrictions.

Impatience seems to cause many accidents, mainly due to dangerous overtaking. Does it really matter if your journey takes a few minutes more?

Actually you can be charged with careless driving if you are going well below what would be considered a safe speed for the conditions. It has happened before. Impatience is not good, and can induce people to take dangerous risks, but if the impatience is due to someone unnecessarily impeding the progress of others, then they have to take some responsibility for the situation. Go at your own pace by all means, but don't unnecessarily force others down to your pace just because you can't be bothered to look and think. When I am cycling on the road I am aware that I am the slowest vehicle on the road so I will pull in and let traffic past if there is a convoy building up behind me. It is simply a matter of awareness and consideration for other people. You might have all the time in the world and nothing much to do but you have no idea the pressure others are under to be somewhere at a certain time.

index.jpg
index.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 21:23 by al78 »

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 13:23 »
 I took the points and paid the fine,,
Colin

xx
Public transport

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2022, 18:15
by Growster...
xx
101 number

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post February 24, 2020, 19:35
by John
xx
You are number 31 in the queue...

Started by Paul Plots on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post June 01, 2019, 11:17
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 43 queries.