Homemade ice-cream

• 16 Replies

jaydig

Re: Homemade ice-cream
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 09:56 »
Thank you so much for answering my questions Mrs Bee. I' sorry to be such a pain, but it is a lot of money to invest and I don't want to make a mistake with what I buy.
That's it, then!  It's definitely on the agenda for next month, and I'm sure I'll have lots of use from it.  Thanks again for all your help, it's much better to talk to someone who already has an item, and has experience of using it.
Ice cream heaven here we come. :D :D

Mrs Bee

Re: Homemade ice-cream
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 13:27 »
You are not a pain Jaydig, no one who asks questions is a pain. Always used to tell my pupils that and reward those who did.

You are right it is a large outlay and you need to get it right.

I really wish there had been someone I could have asked questions about smokers, instead I had to do my own research and it proved quite costly to finally get the equipment that works and suits me.

If you want any recipes or pointing in the direction of really good ice cream books to get you started just let me know.

I periodically have a cull of recipe books, re-evaluate and sling out. But there are certain books that after the yearly evaluation still have pride of place. I find it useful when trying a new recipe to make notes in the recipe books as not all recipes are equal, some sound good but are rubbish, and scrawling rubbish across the recipe means that I don't get sucked in by the exotic heading and make the same mistake again.

I have some sublime recipes in certain general cook books, and am in the process of making a note of these recipes on the computer so I don't forget where they are. Short term memory is not as sharp these days. ::)

xx
What can I do with frozen cream? Butter? Ice Cream?

Started by Swing Swang on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post February 17, 2016, 11:19
by tosca100
xx
Single cream in ice cream

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post June 08, 2012, 18:42
by Mrs Bee
xx
homemade pancake mix

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2012, 21:18
by chrissie B
xx
Homemade Pizza

Started by Elcie on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post August 10, 2009, 19:44
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 34 queries.