Mini Tractors / Loaders?

• 8 Replies

edessex

Mini Tractors / Loaders?
« on: December 13, 2012, 14:19 »
I'm on the lookout for a very small tractor, but where is the best place to find one cheap?  I've been watching eBay, but I haven't seen many cheap and local!

Must be diesel, 4x4 and running would be an advantage!   Can be rough as I'm spanner handy. 

Also, I could do with it being able to lift and load pallets, I've seen some with front loader arms and forks, can they lift and tilt pallets for loading onto a pickup, or are the only good for moving pallets around the floor?

Goldfinger

Re: Mini Tractors / Loaders?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 17:04 »

I've seen a farm near (ish) me that sells them. Don't know prices though.   :unsure:

Usually means to me 'let's see how much we can screw out of the customer!'  >:(

But...

Because they're compact, they could be call a 'specific tool', so they can and do bring a premium price, like in being 'job specific'.

Lifting pallets wouldn't be a problem, just check the weights it can lift -and what you need to lift. You may need a weight on the rear three point linkage to prevent tipping over.

Hope this make sense...  :blush:

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 19:20 »
Phone up all the local tractor dealers and see if they've gotten any in on trades or simple buy outs. If they have none currently available, leave your name and what you're looking for.  Everyone is eager to make sales so they won't ignore you if something comes in that you want.

edessex

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 07:45 »
I'll ask a couple of dealers, but I doubt that they'll help as to be honest I'm looking to pay just over scrap value!  But I am looking for effectively a project.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50 »
I'm looking to pay just over scrap value!  But I am looking for effectively a project.

Then eBay, where you're already looking, is probably one of your best bets.

If you think something is only worth scrap value, the local farmer will probably think its worth quite a bit of money if any interest is shown in it, so local supply may be a non-starter (of an idea). ::) Preloved is maybe another, less likely, option... For the reason I have just given I think Freecycle/Freegle are also unlikely but it wouldn't do any harm to look at any or all of these sites. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Goldfinger

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 17:04 »

As above ^^^

But, some - or many farmers (old skool?) may not be on the 'net, 'out of the way hill farmers.' maybe??

They may have something hidden away in the back of a shed that they've forgotten about - or not bothered about. 

Fen

• Experienced Member
  • Location: Five feet above sea level, between Ely and Cambridge
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 20:47 »
Look at Cheffins agricultural machinery sales, biggest in Europe, at Sutton near Ely. Every month, next one is 14/1/13.( Catalogue on Cheffins website)
Good bet if you are spanner handy. For a smallholder, Ford Super Majors, at about £1k are good value, a bit rusty and ugly but many cheap implements to fit. Easy to fit a loader or forklift. View on Sunday before sale.

Gwiz

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:15 »
We often buy secondhand kit from ARC Agriculture in Thame Oxfordshire.
Andy Coster is the man who owns the company, If it's available, he'll find it for you or already have it.

jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 23:11 »
hi try compacttractorsyork they sell kubota iseki seroma compacts some new some second hand or find what you want 

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 44 queries.