strange behaivour!!!??? plz help??

• 3 Replies

edines33

« on: September 03, 2006, 23:58 »
Hi recently we went away on hols leaving ,y 19 year old brother to look after them! we come back to 5 very sheepish looking hens who used to run all around their run (6ft by 6ft) but now it is hard to even get them out of their hut.
even cocky (the friendlest and cockyest one )would even come to me anys ideas why?? my brother said they were fine when he delt with them??

but on bank hol monday when we left we had ran out of food so as I didnt have time due to flights to go get some I left a map with clear instructions where to go!

He said he couldnt find it (yeah right ) the words "pet supplised" are 3 foot tall!

so instead of calling me he comes back and gives them wild bird seed  

could this do any halm?????? I am very worried they are not them selves and by the looks of it all by one have been laying (we have only been back since sat pm)

any sugestions to any or both of these things??

A very worried Emma
xxx

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:21 »
No offence to your brother - but can you trust what he says? 19 yr olds have other interests :)

OK - if they are in good condition, they may have just had a scare or something. I wouldn't worry too much, expect they'll get back to normal in a week or two.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

hermon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 16:21 »
go on practical poultry i've heard mixed replies on this i have heard it can block their crop.

muntjac

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 00:18 »
wild bird seed is fine dont wory about the blocked crop thing , lets apply reason to this .what would they eat running around the woods.so long as chicken has grit in its gizzard to grind seed it will be fine .mine love sunflower seeds ,i grow a few just for treats and hang them up for the birds to peck at .it stops boredom. more likly as john says they have had a upset ,strange people feeding your birds can upset them as can a fox or dog running round the pen. we have buzzards regularly patrol over my birds .they run for cover at the sign of a dark shadow now
still alive /............

xx
strange egg

Started by GARRY on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 12, 2009, 23:11
by GARRY
xx
strange hen

Started by dannyboy2010 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2010, 19:28
by Chookiechook
xx
Strange air sac

Started by redspookycooky on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 04, 2012, 15:14
by redspookycooky
xx
Strange

Started by yellowpenguin on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 01, 2011, 13:45
by yellowpenguin

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 38 queries.