Staggering chicken - now what's wrong with Wanda?

• 1 Replies

zoeadh

Staggering chicken - now what's wrong with Wanda?
« on: December 28, 2010, 11:02 »
Poor Wanda. She really has been going through it. Very poorly for some time. She was hardly eating or drinking and wheezing and gurgling loads. Lots of tlc, living in the conservatory and visits to the vet - he thought she had infectious bronchitis and gave her two injections. The vet recommended I gave her calcium supplement - Zolcal D. She seemed to perk up from that but now is moulting dreadfully and is acting very strangely. She walks low to the ground and staggers as if she can't get her balance. She doesn't do this all the time and walks in a straight line usually quite normally. It seems to be when she tries to turn or bend down to eat. It's as if her equilibrium has gone. She is eating and drinking. She has mash and pellets and water. I've cut down on the treats now she eating more. What can it be? It started last Wednesday and has not got any better. Is she lacking something? By the way, it is very bad when I let her out in the mornings (she's sleeping under a coffee table covered in rugs and sheets to make it warm and cosy). This morning she staggered around the whole conservatory before staggering into her food and water bowl. Most distressing. Please help.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Staggering chicken - now what's wrong with Wanda?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07 »
I would get her to a vets straight away, if she is off balance she may need another antibiotic to sort the balance out  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Well, that's that theory wrong!!

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post January 06, 2011, 19:13
by jinty1911
xx
So what's wrong with Jeys Fluid

Started by danfinn1 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post October 14, 2015, 23:16
by grinling
xx
Love triangle gone wrong :(

Started by Chookiechook on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 21:18
by alancane
xx
Oh dear... so wrong, but the chooks didnt care one bit!!

Started by Carla on Chicken Chat

19 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 16:19
by evie2

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 39 queries.