willow sticks

• 4 Replies

diggerjoe

willow sticks
« on: April 30, 2010, 14:45 »
Looking for somthing different for my sweet peas to grow up this year and not having much budget I found bundles of dried willow sticks about 6 foot long at the local IKEA. Not very bendy at the top where they are thin but i think they will make a good a nice feature and only £7.29 for the bundle of about 30. I think they are meant for a sort of swedish focal point inside but at that price I couldn't resist. 

catllar

Re: willow sticks
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 18:25 »
I'm all for Swedish focal points! Just take care they don't all take root and take over the world!

treacleminer

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 19:44 »
We ordered a tree by post and when it arrived it had a willow stick supporting it.  My OH stuck it into the ground - it now has been woven into a trellis as a boundary hedge! - and needs frequent serious pruning!

LollyPoppy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 23:54 »
The allotment our plot is on is very windy and open, plus we have the car park and the rubbish on one side so I've just planted willow as a screen, windbreak and for something to grow things up! I love things that have many uses :) Just like my other half :D
Keep laughing, singing and dancing:)

diggerjoe

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:59 »
I spent a creative afternoon creating weird obelisk shaped things for the garden with the willow from IKEA. Not bendy enough as it is very dry and hopefully dead! but with a bit of jute string and a lot of swearing it did manage to plait some lengths and make something that OH said would look ok when the plants climb up it ::) wsell if you never have go you'll never know what you can do - I just hope the sweet peas get a move on :D

xx
Willow???

Started by davelambo on General Gardening

10 Replies
Last post October 27, 2009, 19:13
by davelambo
xx
Kilmarnock Willow

Started by trader on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post July 22, 2012, 21:28
by Yorkie
xx
willow hedge

Started by derekmc on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post August 28, 2018, 17:42
by Yorkie
xx
Willow courses

Started by Beetroot queen on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post October 16, 2008, 20:19
by kathryn

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 38 queries.