Pie with apple.

• 16 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Pie with apple.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 16:48 »
The wind blew most of the bramleys down onto the pavement and they shattered  :mad:  must have been 50-60lbs easy with each around apple around 1lb.  :( such a waste. I grabbed a carrier bag of what was just bruised and made 10pts of puree so all's not lost.

Pie the third has a mix of bramley puree and fresh jonagold with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Taste was about right for a sweet pie, nice balance of sweet / sharp and filling was more filling than puree which gave it good bite - 7/10.

There's a lot of juice, I don't think its from the puree I didn't add any water to it and the last pie wasn't like that so the jonagolds must be pretty wet. Pie the fourth with need a sprinkle of cornflour to sort that  ;)

Oh what a blow, excuse the pun. Salvage some more of the windfalls & get a batch of mincemeat on the go.. that time of year will soon be here
 :tongue2:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

Re: Pie with apple.
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 08:12 »
Oh what a blow, excuse the pun. Salvage some more of the windfalls & get a batch of mincemeat on the go.. that time of year will soon be here
 :tongue2:

It's particularly annoying as I'd tried to pick them with the pole picker earlier in the week but they weren't ripe enough to come off  :( The tree is 40 years old if a day and a 1lb apple falling 30ft onto concrete doesn't leave a lot of salvage. I'll try again with the pole picker next week but not for mincemeat, I still have a tub of Mrs Bee style in the fridge from 2013? waiting to be used  :blush:

my wife made an apple and pumkin pie

:tongue2: Now that's right up my street - almost worth buying a pumpkin for (or at the very least growing some next year).

xx
Apple Pie

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post November 12, 2010, 14:50
by mumofstig
xx
Apple jam

Started by barb1 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post November 16, 2010, 16:15
by aelf
xx
Apple recipes

Started by James on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post October 06, 2006, 10:34
by hayles62
xx
Cooked Apple

Started by Eblana on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 04, 2015, 13:36
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 37 queries.