Seaweed

• 21 Replies

muntjac

Seaweed
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 16:19 »
oye ya daft planks ,,,,, blooming seaweeds gonna be dead when ya throw it on ya gardens you daft * it dont make no difference what colour it is .your using it as fertiliser .it will dry out on ya plots .. wot are you lot loike  :roll: if you throw dry seaweed in water it acts like a sponge n sucks the water back up ................jeeeeze  what are we gonna do wif ya  :lol: it was picked by the old time  folks and hung on racks to dry and crushed up to send to farms n the like
still alive /............

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
Seaweed
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 16:22 »
*, I've just put it on the compost. I'll have to rescue it.

Cheers
Try my best to be Organic but don't always make it

muntjac

Seaweed
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 16:25 »
leave it on there to rot down with the rest ya stuff its fine .... if ya wanan get some more we have tonnes here on the beach and kelp on good days

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
Seaweed
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 16:28 »
The OH as a race near the coast on Sunday so I'll get everyone collecting it, children think it's fun.

JayBee

Seaweed
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 17:13 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
oye ya daft planks ,,,,, blooming seaweeds gonna be dead when ya throw it on ya gardens you daft * it dont make no difference what colour it is .your using it as fertiliser .it will dry out on ya plots .. wot are you lot loike  :roll: if you throw dry seaweed in water it acts like a sponge n sucks the water back up ................jeeeeze  what are we gonna do wif ya  :lol: it was picked by the old time  folks and hung on racks to dry and crushed up to send to farms n the like

I disagree totally. Picking up dry black seaweed on the beach is a waste of time. You'll get some nutrients but a lot less than the green stuff.

ziggywigs

Seaweed
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 19:34 »
Found this Seaweed and Kelp which may be of help.

muntjac

Seaweed
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 19:44 »
well as you live in ireland and sea weed was a main source of fertiliser over there and also in the poorer parts  like cornwall and the west coast in this country id thought you may have agreed . seeing as most of  it is full of iodine etc .i would welcome the test that shows it contains less nutrients than being fresh ,having eaten varios types of seaweed in my training in survival skillls i can attest to them tasting yuck except the green lettuce types which just taste salty . its collected worldwide for  its health properties in the iodine part also it is used as agar .and then as a fertilisers in mainly the dairy farm areas . its value to the folks who grew potato's was massive being layed on the soil in the late autmn and left over winter .  and the colour of it is no reason to not pick it as far as i can see in its uses for the plot , we pick bladder wrack up here and its dried and then broken up and spread on allotments and gardens , but if you know something i dont matey im interested in knowing ,  :wink:  :D

xx
Seaweed feed

Started by Offwego on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2022, 09:34
by Aunt Sally
xx
Searching for seaweed at Weston S.M.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 22:33
by Gandan57

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 40 queries.