WARNING - Chicken coop arrived - it's rubbish!!!!!

• 44 Replies

EnviroChick

Re: WARNING - Chicken coop arrived - it's rubbish!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 16:21 »
I'm in Ireland so can't advise regarding your rights, but if I were you I would email those pictures to whoever you bought the coop from. That is shoddy workmanship, plain and simple  :ohmy: and maybe send a strongly worded registered snail mail letter to the company's registered address too.

I'd be furious  :mad:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 16:51 »
What about threatening them with trading standards?  That sometimes works, as does adverse publicity, like their local paper!

Hope you get it sorted.

Unfortunately by the time we get to hear of these disasters, the coop has already been bought.  Fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon.  x

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 17:07 »
What a lovely lot you are.

I have contacted trading standards and they recommended the credit card route. Under section 75 of the Consumer Credit act the credit company are liable if you spend over £100 and he felt this was the best route.  They will now act on our behalf and we need to do nothing else.

They're sending out the forms. I hope this helps someone else, and that for us it is the final answer to the problem.

He said the company have not met their obligations and are committing breaches.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 17:12 »
Yaaaaayyyyy.  That's good!  That will show the company that they can't keeping selling rubbish to people and get away with it!

Hope it all gets sorted soonest VP !

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 17:36 »
great news :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

pepsi100

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 19:26 »
the small claims court is very easy and cheap to do - most of it can be done on-line  :)

Until its contested and they want you to attend, then they dont turn up, as it all happened to me, 3 visits to court, 3 times they never turned up, it was found in my favour, but they never paid up, just went into recievership and opened up 3 weeks later as a new company and they are allowed to do it

But if you do go that way, good luck to you
It's all about the journey, not the destination

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 11:33 »

Depends how far away you are, I vcould give you a hand (i got saws, hammers, screw drivers) :)

That is so kind - thank you very much

victoria_plum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 11:48 »
Well... the saga continues

After getting the credit card company on board and leaving the matter to them I had a very shirty email yesterday evening from the company who sent the coop.

Previously (after first ignoring my request for a refund and telling me they were going to send out spare parts, then after telling me I was responsible for the cost of sending it back and they would only refund if the coop was in great condition at their end) I sent two emails to the company in question.  The first stating my legal position and quoting the sales of goods act, and reissuing my request for the company to arrange the return of the coop.  I stated my disgust at their attitude and said that I had photos showing the completely broken pieces (which I had sent to them on my very first email asking for a refund) and intended to show them widely on review sites to warn people what had happened to us.  In the second email I pointed out the Distance Selling regulations which point out that faulty goods are the responsibility of the company.  I would like to point out that I was firm in my stance on my rights and I was also firm in my use of English.. meaning I stated facts, I quoted legal acts and stated that I felt their attitude was 'discusting' - at no point did I ever resort to name calling and petty insults. I was  >:( and not  :mad:

The email I had back said that the sender of the email had decided that we were rather unpleasant people and the company saw no point in wasting time with us and prolonging contact with us.  They have said they will arrange collection of the coop and will upon receipt, issue a refund.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 12:03 »
Result.   :D  Let us know when it is all resolved and the money is back in your account. 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

joyfull

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 13:43 »
great news - now you just have to hope your refund comes through quickly  :)

pepsi100

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 22:32 »
I still think the company should be named and shamed in case others order from them  :)

I wouldnt be happy if I bought something from them and then found out that is was a company you had had problems with

It could even done in a private message (to anyone else that wanted the company name)

After all, bad company's are named and shamed on TV, the internet, negative feedback can be left on auction websites

I'd like to know who they are  :)

joyfull

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50 »
we have a policy of not naming and shaming as we do not want the site and it's owners ending up in court.

pepsi100

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59 »
we have a policy of not naming and shaming as we do not want the site and it's owners ending up in court.

Why would they ?

The website owner isnt responsible for comments made by others in here

Especially if its proven the company concerned gives a shoddy service (which going by the photos provided has been proven)

joyfull

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 08:02 »
we do not want to take that risk - people may name and shame elsewhere but as I have said it is this sites policy that we do not (and we have taken legal advice on such matters).

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34 »

The website owner isnt responsible for comments made by others in here

No... and Yes...

If we were not aware that the companies details had been given we 'may' not been seen as culpable.  But as we obviously are aware we could be seen to be upholding a libellous comment. We do not believe VPs comments are libellous but we still have to be cautious.

This thread is a warning to others to be very careful when distance buying and to know what the distance buying laws are.

Do let us know how you get on with a refund VP :)

xx
Feel Like a Rubbish Chicken Keeper ...........

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post September 05, 2012, 21:40
by Pixieswift
xx
Chicken Lice; word of warning

Started by SnooziSuzi on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post July 21, 2009, 17:14
by virgotiger
question
DIY Chicken Coop

Started by Muckytyke on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 19:55
by birmancats
xx
Chicken coop

Started by wildeone on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post January 18, 2008, 19:04
by wildeone

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 39 queries.