WG's tipple

• 72 Replies

muntjac

WG's tipple
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 23:06 »
in belize we had a local brew made by the local ,it was made from roots n nuts n a lump of indestinguisable meat like stuff ,was afruit  but not sure ,and this stuff was just left to bubble for god knows how long ,,it mae ya puke to smell it as it was brewing but when it waas done n " decanted " from a pigs gut ,it was as clear as water ,, it was strainerd through the womesn skirt cloths lolo.. now we being " marines " we had  barby i think i mentioned before ,and we had a drop of this brew,,,,,,,,, the sensation was like sucking on petrol pipe .....i jest you not ... it would burst into flames when spat in the fire ,,, i couldnt drink more than a sip......... , :roll:
still alive /............

WG.

Balvenie Doublewood
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2007, 20:16 »
On offer at T*sco until 9-Dec-07 only

70cl Balvenie Doublewood Malt Whisky for £16.99 made here (distillery is just out of shot to the left)

This stuff is bl**dy nectar and that is one heckuva good price.   Buy some for yourself, some for your parents, some for your in-laws, even some for me if you'd be so kind.

And if you do, then put only two things into the glass with it ... a little iced water and/or more Doublewood.  :wink:

gobs

WG's tipple
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2007, 20:26 »
Thanks, WG, well handy, have got a couple of family members, who forever ask for whisky only for Christmas presents. :lol: xx
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

WG.

WG's tipple
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2007, 20:30 »
There may be other Balvenie malts on the shelf too - Director's Reserve, Single Barrel but these are not as good as Doublewood IMXO  :wink:

gobs

WG's tipple
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2007, 20:33 »
Thanks, Taltos, my headache sorted. :D

WG.

WG's tipple
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2007, 20:37 »
Quote from: "gobs"
 my headache sorted.
Oh, and mine too, I assure you  :wink:

gobs

WG's tipple
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2007, 20:44 »
:lol:  :lol:

Shall try some next time.

cuff

WG's tipple
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 21:57 »
tried a lot of malts my 2 favs are 18 yrs old glenfidich or just ten year old glenmorrangie always a bottle in fridge worst one i tried  was treat from wife traditanial glenmorangie at close to £100 a bottle blooming awful. will try doublewood

cuff

WG's tipple
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 21:27 »
at morrisons a ten years old glenmorrangia £15 6bottles per person max

WG.

WG's tipple
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 23:07 »
I can't think of a better use for £90 !  :D  :D

WG.

Rutherglen Estates 2006 Shiraz
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2008, 18:55 »
Can you tell its a Christmas present?  Kind in-laws bought me some Aussie reds which would normally be outside my budget.

Tonight I'm having a Rutherglen Estates 2006 Shiraz and very nice it is too.  Full bodied and dry without any of the really dry dustiness which real Shiraz drinkers seem to crave.

Oh sorry, Sally A, I almost forgot the bit you need to know - a whopping 14.5% abv :wink:

Sally A

WG's tipple
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2008, 20:04 »
Mine's a meagre 14%, the bottom half of the bottle tastes better than the top half, the good stuff must have settled 8)

A good full bodied red clings to the side of the glass.

gobs

WG's tipple
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2008, 20:06 »
Quote from: "Sally A"
Mine's a meagre 14%, the bottom half of the bottle tastes better than the top half, the good stuff must have settled 8)

A good full bodied red clings to the side of the glass.

No, Sally, by the time you get to the bottom anything would taste better. :wink:

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.