Strimmer/Brush Cutter

• 4 Replies

slow_worm

• Experienced Member
Strimmer/Brush Cutter
« on: May 21, 2007, 13:14 »
Anyone have and views on the better types of the above to control alloment borders and a very weed unused part of my plot...which will have a shed and other stuff on it soon?
Petrol but would a piece of kit with a solid blade be better that a extruding nylon line ?
Are any of the rechargable ones anygood?
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature? the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. -   Rachel Carson

Gwiz

Strimmer/Brush Cutter
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 17:02 »
have a look at:http://www.northerntooluk.com
they do some good strimmers at a reasonable price.
i would personaly steer away from the £50 at BARBQ or the like (thats only because i have had to fix so many of them)
komatsu zenoha is a pretty good make insofar as they have been making them for years and i have found them to be reasonably reliable.
as for the the blade verses nylon line debate, it all depends on what you are cutting. if its bamble, then get a blade. if its grass, get a nylon line.
don't ever fit a blade to a bent shaft type of strimmer, they aren't built to take it.
as for the rechargable strimmers, ok for stiring your tea, not much good for anything else :wink:

Sally A

Strimmer/Brush Cutter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 13:04 »
We got a Ryobi from Screwfix, petrol model, it came with a steel blade and the nylon line option.  I never got to use it much as anything with an engine gets grabbed by hubby but had a little go, and it went through thick brambles well, you just need a helper with a rake to drag them out once they are cut so that the brush cutter operator can go in deeper. If you like the look of the screwfix website, let me know as I think introducer and customer can get money off coupons.

slow_worm

• Experienced Member
Strimmer/Brush Cutter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 13:53 »
I am registered with Screwfix...as a customer already... anyone have a secondhand one nearby?

Sheena

• Experienced Member
Strimmer/Brush Cutter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 15:21 »
I'd agree with gwiz, a recharchable strimmer is a waste of time for an allotment.

Aside from the fact that it has very little power, the charge only last for about 10 -15 minutes before it become useless. It's ok on the grass at home, but useless for the allotment.
Organic :)

xx
mitsubishi TU26 strimmer / brush cutter

Started by grendel on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 16:35
by Gwiz
xx
Brush cutter , Any recommendations ?

Started by Boston digger on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post June 25, 2022, 15:54
by jezza
xx
Broken Stihl brush cutter

Started by Rooba on Equipment Shed

17 Replies
Last post September 19, 2011, 00:02
by Rooba
xx
Petrol strimmer/hedge trimmer(or cutter)

Started by Sideshoot on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post October 15, 2010, 08:38
by arugula

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 38 queries.