RIP Elsa and on to new beginnings

• 2 Replies

Debz

RIP Elsa and on to new beginnings
« on: July 20, 2018, 16:31 »
A couple of weeks ago, we lost Elsa, a beautiful Pekin.  We were going on holiday later that week so took our one we remaining girl to my sisters to run with her flock.  She free ranges her because she has plenty of space and no foxes so we thought it unfair to bring Anna back to a restricted run again.  As luck would have it, a colleague mentioned a facebook post about a batch of caged hens needing to be re-homed this weekend.  We are going to collect 3 tomorrow afternoon.  My little girl is beyond giddy about the prospect of what I have told her could be very ugly hens that we will bring home and love back to full feather and chicken glory again.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: RIP Elsa and on to new beginnings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:03 »
Good luck with the ex-bats Debz  :)  It sounds like they will have a wonderful retirement with you  :)

Debz

Re: RIP Elsa and on to new beginnings
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:29 »
We collected our new girls on Saturday and they're not oven ready!  Two of them look pretty good but with raggedy feathers and the third one has a bare bottom and back.  They all have names and are starting to show their personalities.  They gave us an egg each yesterday but the children know this might change as they settle in to their new life.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 40 queries.