What I did on the plot today 2016

• 533 Replies

chillimummy

Re: What I did on the plot today 2016
« Reply #420 on: July 12, 2016, 21:18 »
Quick visit to pick strawberries. Another squash reduced to a stalk.  >:( Slug pellets did not really work there!
Everything else alright  :)
Sprouts are pushing at the net so needs raising up.
At home french beans all germinated and are growing well. Next visit will weed area ready for them and the beetroot which all germinated at home. Think next year will avoid sowing anything directly but still need to stop them being eaten  :D.   
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #421 on: July 12, 2016, 22:13 »
Watering polytunnel, some weeding and a little bonfire to clear some scrap wood away to make space for last batch of potted leeks to go in.

Aled

« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2016, 14:37 »
Did some weeding and removed some to ripe radishes. Seems like I have some turnip seeds mixed with my radishes!
Also dug up and ate my first potatoes.
Cheers
Aled

Vagabond

• Experienced Member
« Reply #423 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04 »
Gave my beetroots, carrots, cauliflowers and broccoli a feed last evening. Put down fresh slug pellets around all the brassicas and salad leaves as the lower leaves were showing signs of slug damage. Picked off a few more infested leaves on my parsnips. Still haven't found time to plant out the rest of my leeks, so hope they'll be okay until next week.

Flowertot

« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2016, 23:52 »
Weeded, weeded, weeded... And fed the blueberries.

Flowertot

« Reply #425 on: July 16, 2016, 23:37 »
Today I sowed some more beetroot and chard, spring onions, carrots (a last ditch attempt to get some carrots this year - the slugs have eaten all my earlier seedlings  >:() and dwarf French beans (the climbing ones are not doing as well as usual  >: :().  Fed the courgettes and pumpkins/squash.

grendel

« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2016, 10:48 »
saw the forceast for hot, so 7am I was down the plot weeding for a couple of hours in the relative cool.
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

annieanne49

« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2016, 20:34 »
Harvested the last potato plants in one row then dug over said row, raked in some bfb and planted out my kale, then put netting over.  Took up the fleece covering my summer cabbages as it had ripped (like tissue paper) and the White butterflies were dancing around them.  Weeded cabbages and put new fleece over. Hope this one lasts. Watered beetroot, turnip and swede seeds. Weeded sweet corn and put some bfb on soil as leaves are going red (never had this before). Then walked home in the scorching heat.

chillimummy

« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2016, 21:37 »
Dug over area for french beans and planted out my yellow french beans. Only six but have another six of tepee yellow beans almost ready to go out. Sown direct a month ago and had all been eaten but these were only sown a week ago and are good size already. :)
Watered sweetcorn. Bit of weeding.
Cabbage planted a week ago, some have been eaten but still about half left, planted 20 so not too bad. Calabrese, sprouts and red cabbage are surviving  :)
Squash are starting to grow more with bit of sunshine but still small. Doubting if will get a crop.

ptarmigan

« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28 »
My squash are really small - so gave them a bit of comfrey feed and I'm hoping they'll start romping away soon.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2016, 15:11 »
Hard work weeding among the raspberry canes, today. Bath needed now, after this cuppa, to ease my back  ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2016, 15:46 »
Some swoeing, sowing, weeding,harvesting, some chatting & lunching😄. Sowed spring onions x4 rows,2x Florence fennel,7x carrots with a few radish added to mark the rows. Just clearing up & had a text from DD to say she was on her way with lunch. Lovely doorstep bacon butty with salad & avocado & a coffee. Got some new plot neighbours, well next door & back one. Not sure whether it is councils fault or new tenants, but the plot was left immaculate but is now shoulder height in weeds,they did say they had both been unwell & had had a letter from the council about getting it cleared. So they were strimming it today. Looks better already
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

miggs

« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2016, 17:33 »
Dug, dug, dug and dug some more. Weeded around spuds, sweetcorn, beetroot and tom's. Strimmed all the paths, took rubbish to the tip, unlike some other plot holders who just seem to dump the rubbish in the small wooded area outside all the plots. Going to Llandudno on Saturday so next trip will be Sunday now.

mjg000

• Winner, Prettiest Pumpkin - 2015
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2016, 19:33 »
Friday, 29th July
Quick visit to water tomatoes in greenhouse.  Picked dwarf French beans, peas and new potatoes for the week-end.  Found the First CUCUMBER!!  Now know that I do not have any squash on either plot except perhaps the one which is in a large pot on plot 2 which I put in there as my final insurance.  Strange to know that the slugs do not enjoy the cucumber plants as much as the squash and courgette!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2016, 19:41 »
After a little rain the ground was just about soft enough to get a fork in to lift some potatoes for the weekend. Picked some beans green, purple French and runners, yellow Mandan squash, 2 pattypans and a bowl of mixed tomatoes from the greenhouse at home.

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2019

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

143 Replies
Last post January 07, 2020, 14:33
by JayG
xx
What I did on the plot today 2015

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

923 Replies
Last post January 05, 2016, 18:35
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 40 queries.