New Plot

• 3 Replies

Druid048

New Plot
« on: July 03, 2008, 14:36 »
Hi all,
I've recently got a new(old) plot which has been left for about 4 years. I've striimed it, rotavated it, I'm now in the process of digging it over slowly to get rid of the dreaded Couch grass. My question is ,,,Is there anything I can put in (as in Veggies) at this late stage,,, as I go.
Everything will be allright in the End. If everything isn't allright, it's not the End.

compostqueen

New Plot
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 14:46 »
Absolutely!  A plot is about growing veg so to save you from the tedium of couch grass picking get sowing  :D

Oh flip!  I made a what to sow now list but it's at my lotty but off the top of my head, cabbage, carrot, Florence fennel, Little Gem lettuce, mixed lettuce, oriental leaf mix, pak choi, radish, spring onions and swedes

I'm sure there are plenty more but without looking at the packets I'm not sure. Always read the back of the packet as a guide for the best time to sow  :D   So you have continuous supplies of lettuce, radish, spring onions etc, sow them successionally say every two weeks so you have a constant fresh supply. Don't sow too many though  :D

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
New Plot
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 15:39 »
Think CQ covered most things, I would be tempted to grow quick growing veg, that way you can dig over the ground before the couch gets itself rooted again.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

senrab_nhoj

• Experienced Member
New Plot
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 15:44 »
My email from gardeners world just arrived

Vegetables to sow now include beetroot, cabbages, endive, kohl rabi, lettuce, radish, rocket, spinach, swede and turnips
Grandpa's lore: The only thing grown early is disappointment

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
new veg plot

Started by wiskerman on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 17, 2008, 12:02
by GreenOwl
xx
My new plot

Started by stentman on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2009, 18:21
by stentman

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 38 queries.