Recommended Varieties

• 2 Replies

fatbelly

Recommended Varieties
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:51 »
I know the RHS has Vegetable varieties that they recommend, but could we not do a sticky on this forum of varieties that we have grown this past season of various vegetables and how they turned out and also what would we not reccomnded.

With the seed catalogues coming out in the next month or so. A post with personal real world recommendations would be really useful to me when it comes to choosing which particular variety of vegetable.

Now the bad news, because I only got my Lottie a few months ago I have grown very little and have nothing to recommended. But i am sure many of you will be able to.
99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Recommended Varieties
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 11:13 »
one of the problems this year is most crops have suffered due to the amount of rain, i know i have and we have had less than some. I have two sweetcorn that normally do very well but the kernels are looking poor, same with my cobra beans, these normally fill a freezer, but only put about 2 lbs in this year. Most other stuff has just bolted or gone to seed. best thing to do is speak to local people and get ideas from them on what grows best.
Edit: John is part of the cheshire set i believe, he will give you good ideas.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

WG.

Recommended Varieties
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:16 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
 best thing to do is speak to local people and get ideas from them on what grows best.
I think you're right Aidy.  That said, you might want to take a look at this thread : http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=7408 since you will get a general idea

xx
Apples? Varieties recommended

Started by bashful_badger on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 05, 2009, 09:38
by Martin
xx
Leeks, recommended varieties

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post January 24, 2014, 07:24
by Lisbon67
xx
recommended strawberry varieties

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 23, 2016, 17:53
by missmoneypenny
xx
Fruit Trees - Any recommended varieties or suppliers

Started by allstars_princess on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 22, 2009, 18:31
by allstars_princess

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 39 queries.