Re: Calder Ranger
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 22:45 »
no cap but in this weather will my old souwester do?  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 11:10 »
My Tilly is a Calder Ranger, and yes, I believe she is also called a Columbian Black Tail.  She has a lovely personality and is a real character.  Plays practical jokes on the other hens.
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

animal mad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 16:49 »
i have just got two sexed female columbian black tails at 1 day old fthey came from bristol, not sure which hatchery she got them from. real cute chicks, i can give you her details if you are after  chicks, she might be able to hell. infact she has a website annie halls poultry.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 22:09 »
We get good reviews about Annie Hall on here!!!

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 22:10 »
Whats a Rhode Ranger then? my girl is ginger with black tail feathers and a few round her neck? are they all one and the same thing?  ???

So confusing? I also have a Black Pearl but they are known as Magpies and Daisybelles I believe !

At least my Speckledy have not got an identity chrisis every body knows them .... dont they  ???

Trina x
Breeder, Judge & Exhibitor of Quality Netherland Dwarf, Hulstlander & Himalayan Rabbits

4x chickens 30x rabbits, 2x dogs, 15x ferrets oh and 2 children and a hubby!!!!!

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 22:53 »
Don't know about that Trina!  The Speckeldy one we got from Clovissa on here, is caled a Coucou!  and they are derived from Marans aren't they?  As I think its her just recently started to lay a lovely dark brown egg!

We also have her Rhode Ranger, and although not actually ginger, yes she does also have a black tail, but then so do most of the Babcock B380's that we rear!!!!  And we've got a Black Pearl, also one of Clovissa's 6.

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 08:17 »
Oh well then thats my suggestion out of the window! my Speckeldy lays brown eggs with speckles on! perhaps some take after the other percentage of the parent stock then? or maybe are Barred Plymouth Rock based??  ???

My Maran Couverie lays dark brown eggs she is a Copper Black Maran Hybrid.

Oh but Rhody the Rhode Rander is the cheeky one of the lot with sooooooo much character and she does range ...... right out of the hedge if im not careful, sits on your arm or shoulder and chases the dogs, nicks the strawberries and the beetroot leaves and has found out where I keep the corn (in the rabbit shed) and tries to sneak past my legs when I open the door!!!

Trina  :lol:

xx
Brown Ranger

Started by Pony Girl on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post December 23, 2011, 21:26
by Pixieswift
xx
Whats a Ranger ?

Started by stanlmic on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 26, 2009, 19:50
by Aunt Sally
xx
Ambers and Ranger POL needed

Started by colliebird on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2011, 11:52
by joyfull

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 39 queries.