amber star/link/lee

• 7 Replies

mumof4

amber star/link/lee
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:41 »
I really want an Amber Star hen. The more i read about them the more I know  I want on or maybe two. Mt local meadowsweet seeler doesn't like stocking them as she says they are bad layers but I don't care.

As it seems so hard to find tham and when you do find a place they are out of stock are there ever any hatching eggs around.

poultrygeist

amber star/link/lee
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:00 »
We have Amberlinks from GrannieAnnie but you're obviously on the wrong side of the country.

Are amberlinks, stars and less the same or are there differences ?

Our 6 lay pretty much every day like clockwork with the odd one missing here and there.

We usually get over 3 dozen/week.

Rob

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
amber star/link/lee
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:07 »
I think the Amber stars and the Amberlinks are the same birds, just different breeding companies.  The Amberlinks lay well as Rob says, and are a cross between the RIR and Light Sussex, like the goldlines but with the cross the other way round.  Some are all white, some have touches of brown in the feathering, but lovely layers Mumof4.  Do you ever get over this way?  as we are picking up 250 day olds on 17th June, but I don't think the hatchery will sell hatching eggs as they hatch them themselves.

I may be wrong on the breeding, but don't think so.  If I can find any your way, I'll let you know!

Foxy

amber star/link/lee
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25 »
I am sure I saw some Amber Star at the weekend down on Nibley Bird Farm. (on the Badminton Rd) cant remember how much they were around £11.00 per POL I think. :D

mumof4

amber star/link/lee
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:49 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"
I think the Amber stars and the Amberlinks are the same birds, just different breeding companies.  The Amberlinks lay well as Rob says, and are a cross between the RIR and Light Sussex, like the goldlines but with the cross the other way round.  Some are all white, some have touches of brown in the feathering, but lovely layers Mumof4.  Do you ever get over this way?  as we are picking up 250 day olds on 17th June, but I don't think the hatchery will sell hatching eggs as they hatch them themselves.

Grannieannie if only i could get up to you but this is highly unlikely which is a real shame. (by the way, I've loved reading your blog) everyone who seems to have them is so far away.

Quote from: "Foxy"
I am sure I saw some Amber Star at the weekend down on Nibley Bird Farm. (on the Badminton Rd) cant remember how much they were around £11.00 per POL I think

Where abouts is Nibly farm, do you have a number for them? Could ask if they have the other birds and get them in one trip.

mumof4

I've found some!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23 »
Oh thanks everyone

Thanks foxy you were spot on.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
They have got Amber star.

They have also got the ranger which i think is the goldline, Bovans Nera
and a few more.

Amber Star, goldline and bovans Nera i think will be what i come home with. I hope they will be ok in the run when we are out but it is 10ftx 3.5ft and the chap on the phone thought it was plenty of room even with the three small bantams and said i could even have four. Although our garden is 80ft x 30ft some of it is a patio and sloping rockery so i think i'll be pushing my luck on space.

Oh i'm so excited i've found some. If anyone else is looking for some they have new birds every 4 weeks so the next look are available and the end of June.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
amber star/link/lee
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 13:46 »
I am sure I saw some Amber Star at the weekend down on Nibley Bird Farm. (on the Badminton Rd) cant remember how much they were around £11.00 per POL I think. :D

And there's me, feeling guilty that I may have to put my next lot up to £6!!!!  I told a bloke last week who wanted 4 of the 6 week old chicks that they are £3 each and he never turned up!!!!!

mumof4

amber star/link/lee
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 14:16 »
Quote from: "GrannieAnnie"

And there's me, feeling guilty that I may have to put my next lot up to £6!!!!  I told a bloke last week who wanted 4 of the 6 week old chicks that they are £3 each and he never turned up!!!!!

GrannieAnnie, i think i must have visited every website around the country and including everyone i phoned up in the south the cheapest i came accross was £9 (POL) so i think your prices are really cheap so he couldn't have been put of by price. Most were around the £15 and two sellers were nearer to £25.

xx
runny nose in my Amber Star

Started by doodles on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 20:03
by joyfull
xx
Silver Amber Link

Started by cammi on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 15, 2011, 09:57
by cammi
xx
Help Amber link attack lol

Started by zoggett on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 13, 2010, 19:34
by joyfull
xx
Amber-links

Started by Alby on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post July 05, 2009, 16:04
by Alby

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.