Purple combs and wattles?

• 1 Replies

JJ282

Purple combs and wattles?
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:08 »
Hello everyone just wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me?!
I had a young cockerel about 17 weeks of age (French Copper Blue Maran) he was fine and healthy but one day I noticed he was a bit slow and his comb and wattles had turned purple and he was gasping for air now and again but was still eating and drinking and wondering around with the hens. I took the decision to keep him away from the flock due to not knowing what was wrong and when i picked him up he managed to turn himself upside down!!! and  a little bit of yellow fluid came out, so i assumed it was sour crop and treated him for it. His condition didnt get any worse or better but 3 days later he passed away. He did continue to drink and eat as normal and whatever it is came on over night ( i had a FCB cockerel before and he died the same way) they are regularly wormed fed good quality food houses mucked out reqular, kept free range plenty of fresh clean water and i did a chicken 'poo' test and it came back clear of anything so im puzzled what was up with them. Anyone know???? Thanks

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Purple combs and wattles?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:17 »
purple and blue combs can indicate a heart problem and sadly there is not a lot you can do for them if that is the problem. Only an autopsy would tell you if this was the case  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Combs and wattles

Started by zoggett on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2010, 08:30
by joyfull
xx
Combs & wattles

Started by SMS6 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 06, 2011, 14:05
by SMS6
xx
purple combs

Started by wardy on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 27, 2015, 08:43
by Sassy
xx
? Er help! - patches on wattles

Started by Draindragon on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 14, 2010, 22:06
by joyfull

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 39 queries.