Fox kill

• 2 Replies

Vanya

Fox kill
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:34 »
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some of your help and advice.  Unfortunately at seven this morning a fox got my beloved bluebell Barbara.

Thankfully the remaining three are ok - the warren has a slight graze to her crest - which I have cleaned up with help from my husband.

We are very upset, as this is our first time keeping chickens and we've only had them two months.  (I think we did not close the door to the run properly- lesson learnt).

My question is how soon can we introduce another one? - I'd like to replace her with another bluebell.  But also think should we get maybe two or three more as we were thinking of doing this anyway.

Any thoughts and advice greatly received. :(

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Re: Fox kill
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:28 »
I would introduce at least two more new hens" so the others are not just picking on one whilst the pecking order is sorted out. 

Dont beat yourself up too much we all make mistakes and nature will take its course if theres even a slight possibility!

With your new girls though keep them isolated from your other hens for a couple of weeks incase they have any diseases and then put them where they can see each other but not get to each other for a few days and then introduce them all!

OpiumEater

• Experienced Member
Re: Fox kill
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 15:09 »
I've just gone through exactly the same, and we are waiting till Alice's wounds heal up x
Alice - Australorp
Bernadette - Barnevelder
Dora - Silver Grey Dorking
LilliBet - Cream Leg Bar

xx
Will he Kill ?

Started by Hooee on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2010, 23:10
by hillfooter
xx
kill, pluck and gut course

Started by pepsi100 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2014, 22:02
by pepsi100
xx
Could my chickens kill me??

Started by NATHAN on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post October 27, 2007, 23:51
by babe
xx
best way to kill a turkey!

Started by cornfed on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 04, 2007, 17:57
by muntjac

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 38 queries.